Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

packley

macrumors newbie
Apr 23, 2011
Alternate to Perfect weather

I have used RadarScope which is more technical, but is quite accurate for tracking storm tracks which is important when I am at the road circuit race track trying to predict if I mount rains or slicks on my race car with a storm approaching. I will try perfect weather to see if it is helpful, but radarscope gives me accurate radar tracking that has made me the weatherman when a storm is approaching. Many other programs do not give you the ability to select a radar station and provide real time tracking.

spblat

macrumors 6502a
Jun 18, 2010
...swipe right on the daily temperature chart for feels like temperature, humidity, pressure, visibility, wind, sunrise, sunset, and dew point...
Can you post or link a screenshot showing wind? Does it offer a multi-day wind forecast? I'm a kite nut and I'm currently using the effective but ugly and ad-supported Wunderground to monitor the wind forecast.

nutmac

macrumors 603
Mar 30, 2004
Can you post or link a screenshot showing wind? Does it offer a multi-day wind forecast? I'm a kite nut and I'm currently using the effective but ugly and ad-supported Wunderground to monitor the wind forecast.

No, just a current wind speed and direction (e.g., 8 mph NW).

Oui

macrumors 6502
Nov 9, 2012
I never knew there was such an infatuation with weather.
I guess being from SoCal where there generally is none is why I am not.

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
Why the sarcastic comment? This site is free and they're showing an application that some people may find useful -- MR have, on multiple occasions, state that they don't advertise apps for profit.

Other people may find this app useful, and I myself have checked out a lot of apps that MR have previously demonstrated -- as I wouldn't have found them otherwise.

Sometimes I feel 90% of comments these days are just a rush to get the first sarcastic comment, adding absolutely nothing to the discussion.

Well said. Thank you. :)

GIZBUG

macrumors 68020
Oct 28, 2006
Chicago, IL
How accurate is the weather in this app?
Also, does it offer push alerts for weather warnings? (Ie THunderstorm warnings, etc)?

I am contemplating this or Dark Sky, to be my go-to weather app.

GIZBUG

macrumors 68020
Oct 28, 2006
Chicago, IL
I support developers by buying decent apps, and I gladly pay to have an ad-free experience.

My go-to weather app is WeatherBug Elite because of the density of reporting stations. As a cyclist living in Chicago, I know that conditions often vary greatly over short distances going away from the lake or north-to-south, so the conditions at O'Hare are of no interest. For my money, any app that only gives info from a single reporting station is useless in any place that has local effects (i.e., pretty much everywhere).

Dave

See I use WeatherBug Elite, and live in Chicago. I do agree, having a lot of stations is great (as it's always cooler by the lake than inland). My issue is, that the icons in Weatherbug Elite, related to the nearest airport. So if O'Hare has rain, and you live in the city where it's not raining, the icon will show rain for your reporting station. That is a major flaw.

s15119

macrumors 68000
Nov 20, 2010
Yup. Clearly a paid advertisement..

Do you have any evidence to support your claim? Why would you libel someone when you have no knowledge no facts to support your claim?

----------

How much money is MR getting out of this?

None.

----------

Are you the sarcasm police? My comment was not sarcastic. I was just making an observation. MR does this often and it gets kinda old. Don't like, just move on.

This is a place for Mac rumors not advertising apps. Perhaps an app review site would be a better fit or place this in the forum. It has no place on the front page

You have absolutely no evidence that this is an ad. None, zero zip. You're just slandering someone out of sheer ignorance.

ROLLTIDE1

macrumors 68000
Sep 12, 2012
I never knew there was such an infatuation with weather.
I guess being from SoCal where there generally is none is why I am not.

I guess that you have never watched the Storm Chasers on the Discovery channel. I enjoy chasing storms and getting reliable warnings out to the public;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.