Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

britneyfan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 18, 2010
Is there anywhere that I can do that?
I saw some people reserved at Target but I called the 1-800 number and I couldn't

spblat

macrumors 6502a
Jun 18, 2010
Nope. Unless you find an employee with the willingness and ability to risk their job for you, not going to happen.

I've been wondering if it's possible to use the App Store app to reserve a 5S at 12:01 AM Friday for pickup that day in an Apple store, but I expect this will not be possible either.

They want the nationwide big lines for Friday's nightly news.

user-name-here

macrumors 65816
Aug 31, 2013
Is there anywhere that I can do that?
I saw some people reserved at Target but I called the 1-800 number and I couldn't

Call up your local target store -> ask for electronics -> ask for the person who sells cell phones -> ask them to be put on the reservation list for the iPhone 5s -> give them your email and phone # and pray they aren't simply lying to you about reservations.

Icculus

macrumors 6502
Jun 2, 2007
Frisco, TX
Call up your local target store -> ask for electronics -> ask for the person who sells cell phones -> ask them to be put on the reservation list for the iPhone 5s -> give them your email and phone # and pray they aren't simply lying to you about reservations.

I have my reservation at 3 target's did them all yesterday, called back today got new CSR reps and they all verified my information. They told me I would be getting an e-mail tomorrow afternoon letting me know when I can pick it up.

Take this for face value, just thought I would share my experience.

Also Radioshack is taking reservations as well.

StevenS2k5

macrumors newbie
Jun 13, 2013
I went to my Target store instead of calling. They have a whole reservation system in their computers. Seems pretty legit to me. As long as they get a shipment in, I don't see any problems

mr1581

macrumors 6502
Jun 21, 2007
I went to my Target store instead of calling. They have a whole reservation system in their computers. Seems pretty legit to me. As long as they get a shipment in, I don't see any problems

Key Words..... If they get their shipment in...

StevenS2k5

macrumors newbie
Jun 13, 2013
Key Words..... If they get their shipment in...

Right. Since there is no account or credit card info required to reserve one, it doesn't hurt to get on the list. If it doesn't come in, there is an Apple store across the street

Macinstache

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2013

I saw this thread and just called my local Target. Got the electronics worker, I asked if I could reserve a 5s, she says "you can pre-order it". I proceeded to explain to her that its the 5s I want not the 5c. She said "yeah I know let me transfer you to the general manager".

The manager says he is taking pre-orders, that hes had 10 people call up today for Verison but I'm the first for Sprint (finally worth it). He says that they will send out an email when when my phone is in and to respond within 48 hrs or it will go to the next person. Since I'm at the top of the list for Sprint he told me that I could come right in on Friday even if I don't get an email. Pretty ballsy on his part. If he doesn't have it he'll sure be surprised when someone my size smacks him for wasting my time.

By the way I also did this with 2 Sprint stores yesterday but this was the most confident I felt about getting one on Friday.

jvdrummer182

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2010
USA
I called my local target and was told they will take reservations without any money down for the 5s in stores but are not sure if they will get stock on Friday.

TAI182

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2013
Chicago, IL
I saw this thread and just called my local Target. Got the electronics worker, I asked if I could reserve a 5s, she says "you can pre-order it". I proceeded to explain to her that its the 5s I want not the 5c. She said "yeah I know let me transfer you to the general manager".

The manager says he is taking pre-orders, that hes had 10 people call up today for Verison but I'm the first for Sprint (finally worth it). He says that they will send out an email when when my phone is in and to respond within 48 hrs or it will go to the next person. Since I'm at the top of the list for Sprint he told me that I could come right in on Friday even if I don't get an email. Pretty ballsy on his part. If he doesn't have it he'll sure be surprised when someone my size smacks him for wasting my time.

By the way I also did this with 2 Sprint stores yesterday but this was the most confident I felt about getting one on Friday.

Target is talking about their reservation system, which is not the same as a pre-order. I also reserved one at Target, so let's hope it works out.

StevenS2k5

macrumors newbie
Jun 13, 2013
Target is talking about their reservation system, which is not the same as a pre-order. I also reserved one at Target, so let's hope it works out.

Right. The big difference, that they explained to me, is the pre-orders for the 5c are guaranteed to come in Friday where they do not know the stock of the 5s. Reservation guarantees your spot in line whenever they do arrive if you still want it.

Glaxx

macrumors regular
Aug 19, 2007
Illinois
The local Target let me "reserve" a 5s.

They said:
1) Not guaranteed to come on Friday
2) Has to be used on an upgrade purchase, no full price or non-contract
3) They don't expect anything other than 16GB
4) I'll get an email when they know they have stock

bigjim83

macrumors 6502
Dec 14, 2011
If target is in fact doing pre orders I still wouldn't hold your breath. These retailers don't get large shipments of iPhones during release. Most of the stock goes to apple stores and then it's divide up to the rest.

KdParker

macrumors 601
Oct 1, 2010
Everywhere
If target is in fact doing pre orders I still wouldn't hold your breath. These retailers don't get large shipments of iPhones during release. Most of the stock goes to apple stores and then it's divide up to the rest.

Target is a huge retailer for iPhones so they will get a good number of phones, I bet to get most if not all the stores will get 10 or more basic models, so if you are high on the reservation list then you have a good chance of getting your phone.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.