Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mikeoui

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 29, 2011
Québec City, QC, Canada
I just updated to iOS 7 and I know for a fact that at least 6 of my apps need updates, but none are showing up in the app store. I did select automatic updates, but I don't want to wait for whatever time my phone thinks is appropriate to update these apps. I turned off the automatic updates, but the app store still says all apps are up to date. I was able to update one app by finding it in the app store where I was given an "Update" option in plays of "Open," but I don't know which other apps need updating (that one was the Apple Store). Help?

EnProX

macrumors newbie
Nov 29, 2012
Neunkirchen, Deutschland
Having the same problem here.
Updated Apple Store and AirPort Utility earlier today over cellular w/o problems.

Vimeo, Skype and Pocket appeared a few moments ago and then disappeared when I was at home and wanted to update over Wi-Fi.
Now I updated those apps over iTunes and the App Store shows me no further updates and I think there aren't currently any for my apps.

I hope this fixes soon. Like I said, I had the problem earlier and it fixed by itself and now I can't find out if it's still there or not.

Should be a server or Apple-side problem and be fixed in a few hours.

cwosigns

macrumors 68020
Jul 8, 2008
Columbus,OH
Relax. Millions of people are updating scores of apps as well as their entire OS. Once things settle down a bit, things will work as expected.

matttye

macrumors 601
Mar 25, 2009
Lincoln, England
Usually when I visit the updates page a loading throbber appears in the status bar, but this isn't happening as consistently tonight. Probably as the servers are getting battered.

EnProX

macrumors newbie
Nov 29, 2012
Neunkirchen, Deutschland
Same here for the loading throbber issue.

Read that the Facebook update is finally out and went to the Updates section and nothing showed up and no throbber.
Searched then for the app and got to the page and tapped on open which then changed to update and updated. The update progessed until the circle was full and then I had to quit the App Store because the app wasn't opening and finally after exiting the App Store it opened and worked but the update disappeared from the App Store and there is no record at the recently updated apps page.

Probably a server-side problem because everyone is loading everything. Will hopefully fix soon.

mikeoui

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 29, 2011
Québec City, QC, Canada
Relax. Millions of people are updating scores of apps as well as their entire OS. Once things settle down a bit, things will work as expected.

Oy. If you're looking for someone who isn't calm look elsewhere. It doesn't make obvious sense that people updating their iOS would affect my individual phone in this way (it would however, for example, explain why downloading iOS 7 took so long). If you're going to be a jerk, at least have a valid point.

cwosigns

macrumors 68020
Jul 8, 2008
Columbus,OH
Oy. If you're looking for someone who isn't calm look elsewhere. It doesn't make obvious sense that people updating their iOS would affect my individual phone in this way (it would however, for example, explain why downloading iOS 7 took so long). If you're going to be a jerk, at least have a valid point.

I'm not being a jerk. MILLIONS of people are all accessing the SAME App Store to update scores of apps that have received updates. You don't think that has ANYTHING to do with the fact that the App Store is not functioning correctly?

If you don't want the answer to a question, don't ask it. If you want someone to tell you what you want to hear, go somewhere else. This isn't the place for that. Many of us have been going through this since 2007. It's an annual thing. It will resolve itself. Read a book. Go outside. Watch TV. Whatever. But there's nothing you can do that is going to fix this; it's a server-side issue due to load balancing.

matttye

macrumors 601
Mar 25, 2009
Lincoln, England
But there's nothing you can do that is going to fix this; it's a server-side issue due to load balancing.

There is actually - well, kinda.

If you search for apps you know have updated and visit their page in the App Store, there should be an update button.

Just did this with Facebook :)

cwosigns

macrumors 68020
Jul 8, 2008
Columbus,OH
There is actually - well, kinda.

If you search for apps you know have updated and visit their page in the App Store, there should be an update button.

Just did this with Facebook :)

Doesn't always work. When I go to Facebook in the App Store, it just says "Open" and when I click it takes me to my current Facebook app.

navodwickra

macrumors 6502
Aug 24, 2013
Leeds, UK
I just updated to iOS 7 and I know for a fact that at least 6 of my apps need updates, but none are showing up in the app store. I did select automatic updates, but I don't want to wait for whatever time my phone thinks is appropriate to update these apps. I turned off the automatic updates, but the app store still says all apps are up to date. I was able to update one app by finding it in the app store where I was given an "Update" option in plays of "Open," but I don't know which other apps need updating (that one was the Apple Store). Help?

I am having this problem since July :D give it some time. Some apps took about a year to fit in the iPhone 5 screen :p

Imory

macrumors 6502a
Feb 2, 2013
Wonderland

Thank you! I thought I was the only one with this problem.

"Uhm, my phone won't recognize available updates anymore...? Just had to manually update Camera+ and now I noticed that facebook has an update, but since I upgraded to iOS 7, it wouldn't notice it."

My app store will basically tell me that all the apps are up to date, even though I haven't updated the facebook app yet. However, when I manually search for the Facebook app, there's apparently an update on the "open" button.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.