Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

With Apple's official Australian launch for the iPhone 5s just a short time away, evidence of significant shortages of gold models is beginning to surface, with one Twitter user at the Doncaster retail store sharing word from store staff that they have no gold models on launch day and may not have any for up to three weeks.

gold_5s_7_10_days_au.jpg
In a similar vein, it appears that the Apple Store iOS app has begun taking orders for the iPhone 5s in Australia, with Sonny Dickson sharing a screenshot showing that the gold 64GB iPhone 5s debuted with a shipping estimate of 7-10 business days.

It is unclear if the dearth of gold models will extend to other first-wave markets, but signs are increasingly pointing to the new color being very difficult to find at launch.

Update: The Australian Apple Store is now back online and showing 7-10 business days for colors and capacities of the iPhone 5s.

Update 2: Apple's Hong Kong and Singapore online stores are showing shipping estimates of October for all iPhone 5s models.

Article Link: Gold iPhone 5s Models Seeing Little to No Stock for Launch Day in Australia [Updated]

Archer1440

Suspended
Mar 10, 2012
USA
Perhaps Aussies have a more practical sense of taste than the nouveau riche culture the gold phones were designed to pander to...

the411

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2012
It is the same in the UK.

3 UK have said they will have no Gold iPhones for sale tomorrow.

These are going to be like gold dust... ;)

jamswirl

macrumors regular
Feb 25, 2011
Yerp, got my order in. but come on, it was 7-10 days from the start!
Saw it, wasn't very happy, shrugged a little, placed order hoping it ships sooner and moved on to macrumors.

Last edited:

MRSucks

macrumors member
Aug 9, 2013
I am getting the champagne / gold! Everyone , please wish me luck getting one tomorrow. I know you all care. :D

ValSalva

macrumors 68040
Jun 26, 2009
Burpelson AFB
These stories are going to be popping up all over the place. We know the 5S is going to be constrained. The question is for how long.

mdjasrie

macrumors regular
Dec 26, 2009
Singapore
The initial launch stock of iPhone 5s gold, sold by Singtel, singapore's main carrier was out of stock within 4 minutes when the preorder page went online yesterday.

imwoblin

macrumors 6502
Jun 9, 2007
7 - 10 business days delivery on all colors and all capacities? C'mon Apple, you can do better than this.........

pmas76

macrumors member
Jul 28, 2011
I'm gonna do my best here in the states...

I'm gonna do my best here in the states...

Attachments

• photo.PNG
    photo.PNG
    68.8 KB · Views: 201

croooow

macrumors 65816
Jul 16, 2004
Well, I better get used to waiting a few weeks. Not getting gold or grey so hopefully stock on silver is good.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.