Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bad03xtreme

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 16, 2009
Northern, VA
I have some questions about the music app in iOS7. In iOS6 I didn't have any issues with songs playing but w/ iOS7 many of the songs I have just get skipped right over. What do the icons to the right of each song mean?

Some have a circle with a square in it and some have a square with a square inside it, some have no icon at all. Anyone know what the icons represent? :confused:

sbauzay

macrumors newbie
Jul 14, 2013
I have some questions about the music app in iOS7. In iOS6 I didn't have any issues with songs playing but w/ iOS7 many of the songs I have just get skipped right over. What do the icons to the right of each song mean?

Some have a circle with a square in it and some have a square with a square inside it, some have no icon at all. Anyone know what the icons represent? :confused:

I am having the same problem. And I see all of a sudden I am 10 gigs over my space limit.

bad03xtreme

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 16, 2009
Northern, VA
Nobody else has any input on this? It's like half my library is useless to me now. Wanting to see what other people are noticing.

willryan42

macrumors regular
Feb 26, 2009
I've experienced a few weird things with the Music app.

One time I got what sounds like your problem, where the app started skipping through every song on my library, as if someone was repeatedly hitting the "next song" button as fast as possible.

I've also seen the circle and square symbols, no idea what they mean but whenever they're there I can't play those songs (which is usually almost my entirely library).

I don't use iTunes match or buy music from iTunes, so I don't know what's causing it, or if it's just an iOS 7 bug.

I've been able to fix it by changing my iTunes sync settings to NOT sync any music (deleting it from my phone), and then resync my songs from scratch.

Stupotpot

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2013
Newcastle Upon Tyne
The circle with the square icon usually shows when downloading music from the cloud- like a status. This normally disappears as the track is downloaded. It sounds like (if the songs aren't playing) they haven't downloaded correctly. It may be a pain but I can only thing deleting content and resetting settings and downloading again may be the best bet.

awtryau89

macrumors 6502
Aug 7, 2010
I've experienced a few weird things with the Music app.

One time I got what sounds like your problem, where the app started skipping through every song on my library, as if someone was repeatedly hitting the "next song" button as fast as possible.

I have had this same problem but when I was on 6.1.4. I spoke to Apple about it and they said it was a corrupted music file and to do exactly as you stated. I do not think iOS7 is the main culprit though.

towg

macrumors regular
Jul 9, 2012
Cardiff
The kindest thing you could say about the Music App is that its completely random.

I attempted to use it with some downloaded music when out and about the other day and I was laughing out loud that the invisible man was skipping through my albums and playing his favourite five second snippets of each song.

I'm not complaining as I think the Beta is stable enough to use as a daily driver but the Music app is in a league of its own when it comes to bugs

Should add that I have iTunes Match so perhaps its fine for those without...

sibeba

macrumors newbie
Dec 5, 2012
problems with lock screen

if I start playing a long track part way through, and then lock my screen, when I press the home button and then swipe to unlock, the track starts again from the point it first started. really annoying if your listening to a long podcast and then have to scrub though the track to get back to the last point you listened up to.

Also noticed that on the lock screen the timer does not move even though the track is playing - this is the time the track skips back to when you unlock.

Last edited:

eclipse01

macrumors 68030
May 16, 2011
Eau Claire, WI
this happened to me last night, turned out I had to reload all my music on from scratch, I think IOS7 deletes the music and needs it to reload

tgi

macrumors 65816
Aug 29, 2012
I have this song in my music that I cannot delete by swiping, it's not located on my computer either.

I went to Settings > Music > Disabled "Show All Music"

So how do I get rid of this song? I'm assuming it's from iCloud but I disabled showing any songs that aren't on my phone. Therefore I should be able to delete it correct?

Also, if it's from iCloud, how do I disassociate that song or other songs from my account?

mcfly88

macrumors 6502
Nov 3, 2012
IMO it's stupid they put show all music on by default, feel like it will confuse a lot of people.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.