Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Scarpad

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 13, 2005
Ma
I was able to get one for $200, I have no need for a camera, I was looking for mainly music, and I use ITunes match mainly so I have no need for a lot of space, 16gb Is plenty for the apps I use, Plex and other streamers, music apps and facebook. The back if this Ipod is really nice I like the silver toned with black, it's pretty solid all around. Looking forward to IOS7 today and ITunes Radio. All in all a good buy for me

defunct32

macrumors regular
Jul 19, 2013
I was able to get one for $200, I have no need for a camera, I was looking for mainly music, and I use ITunes match mainly so I have no need for a lot of space, 16gb Is plenty for the apps I use, Plex and other streamers, music apps and facebook. The back if this Ipod is really nice I like the silver toned with black, it's pretty solid all around. Looking forward to IOS7 today and ITunes Radio. All in all a good buy for me

I should have gone w/ slate black when I bought my iPod. Good purchase if you know what you're gonna do with your iPod it's always a good purchase, I bought mine @ 32 GB and I want more, thinking of getting a 64 GB but I will wait a tad bit longer for any news of a new iPod touch (though I've a feeling it's not gonna happen till Sept 2014).

Scarpad

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 13, 2005
Ma
I should have gone w/ slate black when I bought my iPod. Good purchase if you know what you're gonna do with your iPod it's always a good purchase, I bought mine @ 32 GB and I want more, thinking of getting a 64 GB but I will wait a tad bit longer for any news of a new iPod touch (though I've a feeling it's not gonna happen till Sept 2014).

I had an Iphone previously so I know I mostly stream everything

Ffosse

macrumors 68000
Nov 5, 2012
The Touch w/out the camera is a nice looking device in that black/silver.

Scarpad

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 13, 2005
Ma
I'll try but I don't think the free apps offer doesn't extend to touches only new iphones

----------

The Touch w/out the camera is a nice looking device in that black/silver.

My case for the touch hasn't arrived yet, but the device lays nicely flat on the counter with no nub or camera to make it wobbly

----------

I compared my new touch audio wise to my Ipad mini, and I have to give the advantage to the touch, using the same headphones the touch sounds better. And the volume seems louder as well

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012
I'll try but I don't think the free apps offer doesn't extend to touches only new iphones

----------

Unless the model you got negates the free apps, you should have gotten them free cause I did on the 32gb. And I got an even bigger surprise than that on my Mini!

Shanghaichica

macrumors G5
Apr 8, 2013
UK

----------

My case for the touch hasn't arrived yet, but the device lays nicely flat on the counter with no nub or camera to make it wobbly

----------

I compared my new touch audio wise to my Ipad mini, and I have to give the advantage to the touch, using the same headphones the touch sounds better. And the volume seems louder as well

The free app offer applies to any iPhone, iPad or iPod touch bought after September the 1st. After you upgrade to ios7 you are supposed to be able to download the free apps. I bought a new iPod touch on Septmeber the 16th. On the 19th I updated the device to iOS 7 and was able to download pages, numbers and keynote for free (already had iMovie and iPhoto). I've Since been able to download these apps to my iPad mini bought in January of this year for free.

Last edited:

supersalo

macrumors 6502
May 14, 2010

Which iOS did it come with?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.