Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

3rdiguy

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 17, 2012
I was really looking forward to this. Do you think they may bring it back in a future update?

psylence2k

macrumors 6502
Nov 16, 2012
I can't get the panoramic effect either. It puts my panoramic photos in a separate "panorama photos" folder but when I set them to lock or home screen they dont do any type of panoramic effect.

Anyone know how to fix this ?

millk18

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2010
I don't have panoramic function either. I tried a previous pan photo. Nothing. So I created a new pan photo. Nothing. The screen tells me to Move and Scale. You YouTube videos I watched indicated it should read Wallpaper Preview.

And the pinch & zoom feature is not working either. Can't scale.

Any settings I'm not using?

BUMMER!

MalusSylvestris

macrumors member
Sep 7, 2013
What phone do you have? Works fine on my i5

You are running a beta? Panoramic wallpaper was dropped from the final release. You still get slight parallax movement but not the full scrolling effect. Quite disappointing, hopefully it will be back in the next update.

steveza

macrumors 68000
Feb 20, 2008
UK
You are running a beta? Panoramic wallpaper was dropped from the final release. You still get slight parallax movement but not the full scrolling effect. Quite disappointing, hopefully it will be back in the next update.
Nope - GM, but you are correct parallax works pano not so much.

jclardy

macrumors 601
Oct 6, 2008
You know what, I am going to take a bet - this will be a 5s only feature, available out of the box. It appears to use the gyroscope versus the accelerometer for the normal parallax.

And the 5s has the M7, so might as well give it an exclusive feature to take advantage of it...

millk18

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2010
Thanks for the tip about reducing motion. Seems counterproductive, though, if you need that set to "off" in order to enjoy panoramic wallpaper. And I say, enjoy, because iOS7 is a winner in my book.

With regard to panaromic wallpaper being a 5s feature, it has not been written as that and, as well, all those YouTube videos demonstrating panoramic wallpapers can't be using a 5s.

It seems panoramic wallpaper was in beta up to the latter releases. I suppose it will make its way back? Hmmm...

millk18

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2010
I'm not sure what everyone else has but I have an iPhone 5 as well. I tried an existing pan photo... nothing. I tried a new pan photo... nothing. All were stored in the "My Panoramas" folder (or whatever).

This is certainly a first world problem but I sure would like to get it to work.

Merkyworks

macrumors 6502
Oct 14, 2008
You know what, I am going to take a bet - this will be a 5s only feature, available out of the box. It appears to use the gyroscope versus the accelerometer for the normal parallax.

And the 5s has the M7, so might as well give it an exclusive feature to take advantage of it...

That my be the case cause I read that Apple pulled panoramic wallpapers in one of the beta's and it hasnt come back. I also bet a 5s will have better battery life with parallax because the M7 will do the work unlike a 4s, 5 or 5c which off loads it to the CPU.

saleemyas3

macrumors regular
Jun 1, 2012
I had a panoramic wallpaper set up since beta 2. Since then i've removed the beta, got back on at beta 4, and updated ever since then (updated to public release via DFU mode) and I still get the panoramic lock screen (full scrolling). Am i just lucky? I'm trying to do it on other people's phones and it won't work.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.