Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple started taking orders for its flagship iPhone 5s in the U.S. and Canada at midnight Pacific Time after the phone launched earlier today in 8 other countries around the world. Most locales have seen tight supplies of all capacities and colors, with the gold model said to be particularly difficult to come by.

The iPhone 5s is available directly from Apple via the Apple Online Store and the Apple Store iOS App [Direct Link], with the iOS app historically more resilient against traffic surges than the online store.

Initial orders from the Apple Online Store will ship within 1-3 days.

iphone5s2.jpg

In the U.S., Apple is selling the 16GB iPhone 5s on most carriers for $199 with a two-year contract, while the 32GB and 64GB versions are $299 and $399 respectively. T-Mobile is offering the 5s for $99 down plus 24 monthly payments of $22.91 per month.

There is also an unlocked GSM version of the 5s available for $649 (16GB), $749 (32GB), and $849 (64GB). All capacities come in Space Grey, Silver, or Gold.

The iPhone 5s and the iPhone 5c, with the latter available for pre-order for the past week, will be available in U.S. Apple Retail, carrier and select third-party reseller stores beginning later today. Lines are already forming at retail outlets around the country.

In the U.S., iPhone 5s orders are available from:

Apple:
- Apple Online Store
- Apple Store iOS App [Direct Link]

Carriers:
- AT&T
- Verizon
- Sprint
- T-Mobile

Third-Party Resellers:
- Walmart (In-Store Only, iPhone 5s 16GB available for $189)
- Best Buy (In-Store Only)
- Radio Shack (In-Store Only)
- Target (In-Store Only)

Article Link: iPhone 5s Orders Begin in the United States and Canada

Last edited:

anberlinairlift

macrumors member
Nov 16, 2010
Charlotte Hall, MD
Just got a 64GB 5S from Verizon's page. I checked to see if they had it up early, and guess what? It was. It was like 2:50 EST, guess Verizon couldn't hold their load. But hey, I'm a happy customer now ;)

doncornelius

macrumors newbie
Feb 14, 2011
Not live for me either

[UPDATE] - Open now!! 3:03AM
U.S. Store still closed for me, coming from the East coast.

Last edited:

Ventilatedbrain

macrumors regular
Nov 22, 2012
this is a strange feeling.. im nervous waiting for the store to open. why do i imagine there are only10 phones :p ..

brb .... going to puke

Trent0341

macrumors 6502
Jun 3, 2007
Just completed my order using the app for the silver 32gb. Shipping time was 1-3 business days. The app was the amazingly easy.

xtx

macrumors newbie
Jun 29, 2010
Got a ATT silver 16gb and grey 32gb just about 5 minutes before the official launch from ATT website. Had some errors but finally got through. Got both confirmation e-mails as well.

That was the easiest ordering I have had to date. Hope everyone else's goes as smooth.

lotzosushi

macrumors 6502
Jan 10, 2007
Why doesn't the mobile app store offer unlocked 5Ss? They're only allowing me to choose upgrades -_- rude.

justflie

macrumors 6502a
Nov 29, 2005
Red Sox Nation
just ordered through the apple store app. No problem. No hesitation/slow server. I ordered ATT 32 GB Space Grey, shipping in 1-3 business days. Didn't try store.apple.com. Good luck.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.