Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lugesm

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 7, 2007
OK. So, I learned, to my dismay, that my Parallels-7 program will not operate with Mavericks.

Decided to get a head start and downloaded (and PAID for) the upgrade from Parallels-7 to Parallels-9. Installed under the latest, updated version of Mountain Lion. Installation was uneventful, so I was fairly well satisfied that everything still works under Mountain Lion.

However . . . . Parallels-9 is advertised as being "40% faster" than previous versions.
I HAVE NOT SEEN THAT.

Sadly, I did not benchmark my speeds with Parallels-7 before installing Parallels-9, but I am certain that the new system is NOT faster. In fact, I suspect is is even slower than Parallels-7.

Anyone else have this experience?

glenthompson

macrumors demi-god
Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
I've only used it a little and noticed that it does suspend a little faster. Can't comment on the disk performance as I don't do many disk intensive tasks in Windows. Mouse cursor performance is still an issue for me. I haven't been able to get Windows and OX X to track the mouse at the same rate.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.