Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Owrenge

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 18, 2012
FRIDGE :D
Hi guys,
Im so stocked about the new iphone 5C. In fact, I wanted to buy it when it comes to my country. But I already have an iphone 4. So I figured. should i buy the Iphone 5C or should I instead buy the Ipod Touch 5 (I'll use it for gaming, because it's faster than my 4)?
So what should I do?

crzdcolombian

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2010
Hi guys,
Im so stocked about the new iphone 5C. In fact, I wanted to buy it when it comes to my country. But I already have an iphone 4. So I figured. should i buy the Iphone 5C or should I instead buy the Ipod Touch 5 (I'll use it for gaming, because it's faster than my 4)?
So what should I do?

if you don't need the 5c(why not the 5s way better for gaming) and if your country doesn't have a 2 year contract price then just keep using your 4. Do games not work?

I upgraded a 4s to a 5s because in the US you can get your upgrade for $200(then sold the 4s for $300). If I had to pay $650 for it I would not have upgraded. The finger print thing is cool, slightly bigger screen, and the 64 bit chip is awesome especially with Infinate blade 3 but if your paying full retail or more than full retail. Then just keep what you have till it breaks.

Owrenge

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 18, 2012
So you're telling me that there's no need to buy the iphone 5C, and that I should stick to the Ipod touch 5 instead? Because there is no way that I can buy the Iphone 5S. :(

crzdcolombian

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2010
So you're telling me that there's no need to buy the iphone 5C, and that I should stick to the Ipod touch 5 instead? Because there is no way that I can buy the Iphone 5S. :(

I mean unless money isn't really an issue for you then why get it? Or why not get the PS Vita..... infinate blade 3 is awesome but no where near what a PS Vita game is like. Does the 4 not play games? I have a iphone 3 that I gave my nephew who is 2 and plays kids games on it. Seems fine.

Are people just upgrading to upgrade? I mean my new 5s is sweet and all but not much of a difference with the 4s. I am assuming most people are going from 4s to 5s and getting the $200 buck deal. Which isn't too bad but some people are paying full retail or more than that. I find it crazy.

I mean it's just a phone.... what are you expecting from it? It's not like the jump from PS1 to PS2 to PS3.....

Velin

macrumors 68000
Jul 23, 2008
Hearst Castle
If you are looking for a phone that is great for games, then you need an iPhone 5s. The specs are off the charts and it blows away anything that currently is available.

But that also seems like a waste to me, to buy that expensive phone just for games.

I also don't think a Touch is all that good for games.

Have you considered an iPad? They are really good for games, and new iPads are being released, possibly next month, that may have some very good chips in them. So you could use the iPad for browsing, emails, books, radio, and games, and it will be great for all of them.

Owrenge

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 18, 2012
Thank you guys for the answers, I just want a new phone because my Iphone 4 is so laggy with the new IOS.
So there's no need for me to buy the Touch, I think i'll just buy a 5C or a new Ipad. Because the iphone 5S's prize is to expensive without contract.
As for the games, my phone can still run it so i'll have to stick with it for a while.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.