Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

danilko1

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 21, 2010
Heck if the first group can have a thread. Let's start our own thread for the second group.

I called and checked if their was anything to "expedite" delivery. Pretty much no. Paying extra doesn't get the phone here faster. This leads me to believe the 2nd batch phones are still in China.

I downloaded "Deliveries" - Delivery Status touch, a package tracker app, from the App Store. You can put in your order number and email address and check your order status. It says my phone is in Ohio, but I just think it's a default location where phones from China, land for either customs, or there's an Apple warehouse, which put's things on a UPS truck.

Gincoma

macrumors 6502
Sep 10, 2013
ships out in 7-10 business days or delivered in 7-10 business days???

NVM i get it

pmau

macrumors 68000
Nov 9, 2010
I would be interested to know if most of the "group" members (7th-10th Oct.)
are from Europe.

I ordered from Apple at 0:01 GMT via the App Store app.

The estimate was already 10 working days even though I had to be early since the Store itself was still down. (I'm patient though, I have a 5 running iOS7)

britneyfan

macrumors 6502
Sep 18, 2010
Ordered at 2:08 AM CST. Got my delivery moved up to next-day.

Gold 64 GB AT&T.

Waiting... (Sort of) patiently

fotofan

macrumors regular
Feb 25, 2008
New Jersey USA
How do you change shipping?

I don't see any way to change the shipping on the order when I go to my order status page. I was groggy at 3:15 AM and didn't switch to expedited shipping in my rush to complete the order.
I don't understand how I got pushed back to Oct. 8-10 when I received my confirmation email. If I'd just stayed off the iPad when I got up in the middle of the night I would probably have my iphone. Turns out there was minimal wait and decent inventory at the local AT&T store.

britneyfan

macrumors 6502
Sep 18, 2010
Nope. (Germany, ordered 1:01 via AppStore App)

Wow!

----------

I don't see any way to change the shipping on the order when I go to my order status page. I was groggy at 3:15 AM and didn't switch to expedited shipping in my rush to complete the order.
I don't understand how I got pushed back to Oct. 8-10 when I received my confirmation email. If I'd just stayed off the iPad when I got up in the middle of the night I would probably have my iphone. Turns out there was minimal wait and decent inventory at the local AT&T store.

Call Apple if you ordered from the Apple Store!

Kemonsterr

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2013
California!
I ordered my 16gb Gold baby at like 12:15 post. It said I got 1-3 days shipping then when I confirmed the order and paid it said 7-10. When I called Apple the woman said that because of orders being the volume they are, I have an awesome possibility of getting it early but I've been lumped into the 7-10 business day shipping. I was going to cancel but I work with cell phones at Best Buy Mobile and the lack of these phones everywhere was enough to convince me to keep the order!

Anyone else have this experience?

more fps

macrumors 6502
Jan 25, 2011
Ottawa
I'm guessing all 7-10 delivery still have processing status...guess it will change once we get to closer to the shipping date...going be a long hard time to wait:(

MannieSolo

macrumors member
Mar 23, 2011
Windy City
I ordered my 16gb Gold baby at like 12:15 post. It said I got 1-3 days shipping then when I confirmed the order and paid it said 7-10. When I called Apple the woman said that because of orders being the volume they are, I have an awesome possibility of getting it early but I've been lumped into the 7-10 business day shipping. I was going to cancel but I work with cell phones at Best Buy Mobile and the lack of these phones everywhere was enough to convince me to keep the order!

I had the same thing happen to me. I figured it wasn't meant for me to have the phone as fast as I wanted.

danilko1

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 21, 2010
I ordered the Gold 64BG iPhone @ 00:09 PDT (GMT-7)

I believed the advertised time was 12:30AM for the beginning of opening of online sales. However I started checking around 23:50. I swear I didn't get into the store until 00:05, while others got in, and even have 00:00 order status...

Anyway I tried as quickly as my hands could maneuver, to make my purchase. I tried not to think about accessories or any other distractions.

So we won't see a status change for quite a while. But I am still checking. lol Can't help myself. I know it's a bad habit.

Kemonsterr

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2013
California!
I ordered the Gold 64BG iPhone @ 00:09 PDT (GMT-7)

I believed the advertised time was 12:30AM for the beginning of opening of online sales. However I started checking around 23:50. I swear I didn't get into the store until 00:05, while others got in, and even have 00:00 order status...

Anyway I tried as quickly as my hands could maneuver, to make my purchase. I tried not to think about accessories or any other distractions.

So we won't see a status change for quite a while. But I am still checking. lol Can't help myself. I know it's a bad habit.

I got Applecare with mine cause Best Buy's insurance is crap now but i WAS IN AT 12:03 pst. and out at 12:15 and by then the orders were already in 7-10 :(
Its already sucking waiting, I keep activating these peoples 5s' at work and Im like "wish I could have mine!"

I had the iPhone 3g, 4 and then I went to Android, using a Blackberry Z10 right now and here I am back at Apple :D

:apple:

MJedi

macrumors 6502a
Dec 16, 2010
Ordered 64GB Space Grey T-Mobile at around 10 minutes after 12am PDT. My hesitation killed my chances of getting in the first batch. :(

I have to stop myself from checking every hour, every day. The wait is maddening. :mad:

Sammypurple

macrumors regular
Feb 1, 2008
Massachusetts, United States
Call Apple if you ordered from the Apple Store!

I called on Friday night to expedite the shipping and the rep said that they weren't offering it. Some others on here got it when they called though so it seems to depend on who you get on the phone.

I ordered around noon on Friday.

Attachments

• Orders_-_Apple_Store__U.S._.jpg
    Orders_-_Apple_Store__U.S._.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 393

pokerplayer73

macrumors 6502
Aug 18, 2011
Florida, USA

I ordered using Apple Store app on iPhone at 3:05 AM EDT. 32 GB Gold AT&T.
In cart, it said 1 - 3 days. While checking out, it changed to 7-10 days delivering Oct 8 - 11. received my confirmation at 3:07 AM.

My earlier order for 16 GB Space Grey is in first batch getting delivered on Sep 24th, so I believe(am hoping) this second batch will change to Shipped status within couple of days. Keeping my fingers crossed.

remingtonjd

macrumors newbie
May 11, 2012
Ordered my 16GB iPhone 5S in Gold around 12:08 AM. When I was ordered it it say 1-3 business days but once I got to the checkout screen it had changed to 7-10... Pretty bummed to be honest. I'm really anxious to get the 5S since I'm upgrading from a 4S that is literally in shambles.

I too obsessively check to see if my order status has changed and will continue to check this thread to see if any of your guys' orders have changed. By the way I'm in the U.S.

BlackbookGuy

macrumors regular
Feb 21, 2012
I ordered the first early morn as well, 7-10 days, and it was originally a delivery estimate of Oct 7-10, but now its 9-15. Anyone else?

Just curious, as the whole logistics is interesting for me.

Statusnone88

macrumors 68000
Jun 19, 2010
Guess I'm in the "third batch" then? I ordered mine earlier this evening.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 312
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.