Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Eorlas

macrumors 65816
Feb 10, 2010
For me, Infinity Blade was boring really quickly. The on-rails RPG got claustrophobic when I realized the scenarios played out exactly the same as the ones that preceded them. Fights would zoom in on just the two combatants, EVERY single fight as you dealt more damage they would have mini cutscenes just to shift the scenery ever so slightly (twice every fight) and then you'd just slow move through the world via cutscenes.

After a short while, you realize that you're spending more time just sitting and watching characters grunt and move over and over again without the ability to control them.

Infinity Blade has very little substance for such a popular game.

Celtic Warrior

macrumors regular
Mar 20, 2013
Toronto, ON
That's not what I meant. Apple wouldn't need its own dedicated console anyway. In theory, everyone could just buy an iPhone or iPad and airplay that ****. What I meant was apple taking gaming seriously and releasing official controllers and having their own game studio to encourage high end exclusives similar to gears of war and uncharted. That would be amazing

They may launch that controller as an accessories, like you said. Sometimes, it turns inconvenient way to play with touch screen.

apple-5cs

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2013
Yawn.

So apparently Infinity Blade is like the only game that really is an 5s game.

I'd like to see more titles than the usuals. When's Angry Birds 5 coming out?

:eek:

MacFan23

macrumors 6502a
Feb 17, 2010
Why does iOS game development have to be so superficial? I want something on par with the story/gameplay ambition of console games, even if it's just like my old ps2 games. Though I suppose the input method and screen size are limiting factors in the development. But I mean, look at angry birds for instance. Congrats you made a game that entertains people and sells to millions, but it's a simple physics based game with modifiers that people are playing just to fulfill their need for sensory stimuli. I want something to actually be immersed in... //endrant

Infinity Blade has tons of story: http://toucharcade.com/2013/09/17/i...d-to-know-to-be-ready-for-infinity-blade-iii/

evangw

macrumors regular
Feb 9, 2008

Just... not a very good or compelling story. I played the first two, will probably eventually play this one, but they're not really very fun, I don't know why I do it. I bought it and it works fine on my iPad 2.

The only iOS game I've played that's been worthwhile was XCom and a few -real- puzzle games (Arctopia, Zep's Dreamland -- as opposed to 'puzzle' games like Bejeweled or Bust-a-move or whatever). Angry Birds and Infinity Blade and the like are fun to pass the time on commutes though.

e-coli

macrumors 68000
Jul 27, 2002
I can't see any difference between the 5 and 5S in the TA post. I zoomed in on both pictures - still couldn't see a difference. At some point you have to ask why bother.

On another note - a lot of people are bashing mobile games in this thread. I'm curious - have you guys tried Cut the Rope? I've played a lot of games on iOS, and I have to say Cut the Rope is by and far the best. Tons of content - tons of variety in puzzles, and the solutions are always clever, never cheap.

Limbo - amazing.

OriginalClone

macrumors 6502
Jul 14, 2012
Except Apple reskinned new hardware. Perhaps you'd be happy with my 4? Oh, and some significant software changes, for better or worse. And they changed the screen size last year, for better or worse. The only thing truly rehashed here is your opinion.

I stated the truth. Why do fanboys get so upset when you say anything about "their" precious brand?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.