Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lina231

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 7, 2013
So Skype is not working with me at all. When I get on and try to video call my boyfriend and it's saying that I do not have my camera...which is bull because it is built in. So i try to uninstall Skype...and it won't let me uninstall the App. I am beyond frustrated with this and just want it off of my Mac completely now. I am beyond frustrated because this is how my boyfriend and I communicate when facetime isn't working (which more often then not it isn't) because we are in a long distance relationship. When I go into the settings its saying that there is no camera connected, but when I use facetime it works fine...I'm just really frustrated and would appreciate it if anyone could tell me how to make it work or try to get the damn thing off of my computer.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Newjackboy

macrumors 6502a
Aug 6, 2012
So Skype is not working with me at all. When I get on and try to video call my boyfriend and it's saying that I do not have my camera...which is bull because it is built in. So i try to uninstall Skype...and it won't let me uninstall the App. I am beyond frustrated with this and just want it off of my Mac completely now. I am beyond frustrated because this is how my boyfriend and I communicate when facetime isn't working (which more often then not it isn't) because we are in a long distance relationship. When I go into the settings its saying that there is no camera connected, but when I use facetime it works fine...I'm just really frustrated and would appreciate it if anyone could tell me how to make it work or try to get the damn thing off of my computer.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I had this same problem with a 2013 Air running latest os and latest skype.
It is an ongoing problem for the last 2 years at least. There is a conflict between the operating system and skype.

I did fix it by googling the issue. It relates to downloading a small zip file, deleting the current apple webcam file and then pasting that downloaded file in the said folder.
Heres the fix: http://community.skype.com/t5/Mac/O...cBook-Air/td-p/1891729/highlight/true/page/14

Took a few seconds but now works 100%. Dont dispair!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.