Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nanasaki

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 26, 2010
In iOS 6, you can see the APN setting under cellular data. But I couldn't find any in iOS 7. Also tried to use iPhone configuration utility to set APN, but apparently it doesn't work under iOS 7 (I am sure the setting is right, because when it worked after I reverted back to iOS 6). Any suggestion? I am kind worried it will never worked out even iOS 7 reach to final stage. I do need my 3G connections on my iPad Mini (yeah, I know, I am using Petro Canada Unlimited Web Browsing 3G connection).

htep

macrumors newbie
Feb 7, 2013
Paris
Hello,

I'm interesting in too. I update to IOS7 and I'm unable to use the Iphone utility configuration to push an APN configuration.

Waiting for an update of IUC...

5t3f4n

macrumors regular
Aug 1, 2011
In iOS 6, you can see the APN setting under cellular data. But I couldn't find any in iOS 7. Also tried to use iPhone configuration utility to set APN, but apparently it doesn't work under iOS 7 (I am sure the setting is right, because when it worked after I reverted back to iOS 6). Any suggestion? I am kind worried it will never worked out even iOS 7 reach to final stage. I do need my 3G connections on my iPad Mini (yeah, I know, I am using Petro Canada Unlimited Web Browsing 3G connection).

Settings -> Cellular -> Mobile Data Network

It's under the Data-roaming toggle for me.

Nanasaki

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 26, 2010
Settings -> Cellular -> Mobile Data Network

It's under the Data-roaming toggle for me.

Since I can't figure out, i reverted back to iOS 6 again. But still, thank you for your reply.

htep

macrumors newbie
Feb 7, 2013
Paris
^
This! This is how I set up my APN settings after a clean install

How do you create your own profil with unlockit.co.nz. I have to add a proxy to the defaut Orange APN enable in unlockit.co.nz

Maybe do I have to use a user agent on firefox and edit the .mobileconf

Thanks

BadaBing!!

macrumors 6502
May 16, 2010
Aside of loading a profile from a file, any way to do it manually ?

Can't find it anywhere (iOS 7 beta 3)

htep

macrumors newbie
Feb 7, 2013
Paris
Just edit the mobileconf file as you wish (or use apple configurator kit) and then upload it on a personal web site (or upload it directly With apple configurator).

Save the address URL and browse it with safari on your iPhone... And install.

Can't try to put a proxy, I downgrade to 6.4

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
Hi how can I go back to iOS 6 I updated to the iOS 7 but don't like it please help

Apple has stopped "signing" iOS 6, and so far nobody has managed to reverse-engineer the signing process. This means that unfortunately there is currently no way to revert to iOS 6.

Defender2010

Cancelled
Jun 6, 2010

On my iPhone it is under Settings, Mobile, Mobile Data Network

Niq

macrumors newbie
Oct 7, 2013
Hi

I just got a petro canada SIM card and I got the unlimited data but it's not working I don't know why. They sent me to this site witch reads as fallows ----

I have a new Petro-Canada SIM card, and have added the Unlimited Browsing but it still doesn't work.
It is possible that your handset does not detect the correct settings to access our browser. Also, there are some handsets that do not work with our browser. Refer to the settings for the APN:

Homepage http://wap:8582/start.wml
Connection security: Off
Active Bearer: GPRS
Connection type: GPRS Attach on Demand
Authentication Type: Normal
Access Point Name: goam.com
User Name: wapuser1
Password: wap
Login Type: Automatic
Primary Proxy Server Setting 10.128.1.69
Primary Proxy Server Port: 80

Please note that if you are using an unsupported handset, our Customer Service group will not be able to troubleshoot your issue. If you are still having trouble, contact your handset manufacturer.------

But I don't understand a thing that's written here I'm no teck so I need help I heard that some people with iPhone 5 were able to get it working so I also want to know please advise and if you do make it simple please thanks

Nanasaki

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 26, 2010
Hi

I just got a petro canada SIM card and I got the unlimited data but it's not working I don't know why. They sent me to this site witch reads as fallows ----

I have a new Petro-Canada SIM card, and have added the Unlimited Browsing but it still doesn't work.
It is possible that your handset does not detect the correct settings to access our browser. Also, there are some handsets that do not work with our browser. Refer to the settings for the APN:

Homepage http://wap:8582/start.wml
Connection security: Off
Active Bearer: GPRS
Connection type: GPRS Attach on Demand
Authentication Type: Normal
Access Point Name: goam.com
User Name: wapuser1
Password: wap
Login Type: Automatic
Primary Proxy Server Setting 10.128.1.69
Primary Proxy Server Port: 80

Please note that if you are using an unsupported handset, our Customer Service group will not be able to troubleshoot your issue. If you are still having trouble, contact your handset manufacturer.------

But I don't understand a thing that's written here I'm no teck so I need help I heard that some people with iPhone 5 were able to get it working so I also want to know please advise and if you do make it simple please thanks

I get Perto Canada working with my iPad Mini... But it shown as Rogers for some reason...

You can go to the website people mentioned here...

arnabsen

macrumors newbie
Dec 27, 2013
Speakout Wireless

Hi, this also did the trick for Speakout Wireless 7-11 in Canada on my iPhone 4 with iOS 7.1

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.