Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

marddin

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 11, 2009
Hi all, was just wonder what the best screen for the 5S is. Will regular iPhone 5 protectors work with the 5S?

trek360

macrumors 6502
Oct 18, 2011
I agree with spigen. I bought the ultra crystal front and back for the 5 and it works fine on the 5s. It is essentially comparable to the power support brand which had my vote for the best when they sold in the US.

Spigen has several different varieties like crystal or matte and is very inexpensive considering the quality. I paid <$10 on amazon.

deeddawg

macrumors G5
Jun 14, 2010
US
Define "best"...
Willing to spend $40+? Look at the tempered glass overlays.
Not feeling that rich, Green Onions Supply Oleophobic is nice; I used one on my new 5S. On par with the SPIGEN I had on my 4S. SPIGEN and PowerSupport are also good. I went with the one I did since it was favorably rated and available off the shelf for a good price locally.

ABC5S

Suspended
Sep 10, 2013
Florida
Was going to purchase the Spigen screen protector, but today a friend of mine gave me the Zeetron Bionic Shield below. Her job is to test than review many products. Haven't used it yet, since my iphone has not arrived yet, but I did a google review and its actually has good feedback, not to mention how easy it is to install. Take a look at the YouTube of it being installed. $19.99 from amazon

Glas. tR

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oknL88XxwO4

http://www.amazon.com/Zeetron-Tempe...0036332&sr=8-1&keywords=Zeetron+Bionic+Shield

PS: Look at the video and see how, by placing one finger, and tap on the screen after installation, the installation is applied by itself except the last part upper right side. Neat

Last edited:

marddin

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 11, 2009
Was going to purchase the Spigen screen protector, but today a friend of mine gave me the Zeetron Bionic Shield below. Her job is to test than review many products. Haven't used it yet, since my iphone has not arrived yet, but I did a google review and its actually has good feedback, not to mention how easy it is to install. Take a look at the YouTube of it being installed. $19.99 from amazon

Glas. tR

http://www.amazon.com/Zeetron-Tempe...0036332&sr=8-1&keywords=Zeetron+Bionic+Shield

PS: Look at the video and see how, by placing one finger, and tap on the screen after installation, the installation is applied by itself except the last part upper right side. Neat

Looks great. But have you tried on iPhone 5S. I know they are identical but just wanted to ask.

marddin

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 11, 2009
I ended up scooping a sgp slim armor and ultra crystal protector from Amazon. Hope it works out.

----------

Will definitely look into the tempered glass protectors though. Does it make the phone any thicker? I feel like it would raise the height of it using those glass protectors

webslinger85

macrumors 6502a
Nov 8, 2010
----------

[/COLOR]Will definitely look into the tempered glass protectors though. Does it make the phone any thicker? I feel like it would raise the height of it using those glass protectors

It's barely noticable, only time you'll notice a difference is when hitting the home button

Maximus831

macrumors member
Jun 24, 2010
Would this work with the fingerprint sensor ?

Glas. tR

aluren

macrumors 65816
Sep 9, 2008
I've used the Glas from SPG before and they do scratch. I got kinda annoyed by it.

Now I'm using the sapphire krystal shield from xgear and it is perfect, since this material cannot be scratched. It's the same material as the iPhone 5/5s lens cover. It's a little expensive now, but it was $50 on kickstarter. The drawback is that it's a little bit thick, but it does not affect the touch sensitivity.

http://www.xgearlive.com/products/iphone/krystal-sapphire

ABC5S

Suspended
Sep 10, 2013
Florida
Looks great. But have you tried on iPhone 5S. I know they are identical but just wanted to ask.

Got the phone today, installed the screen protector on it, and all works well. I even goofed the first install, took it off very quickly and reapplied and for the most part it looks pretty good. FingerPrint reader works well with it. ;)

celly

macrumors 6502
Mar 14, 2012
Calgary
Been a fan of Moshi for a few years. I like the matte finish (no glare; especially outside). Doesn't take away the beauty of the retina display (to me). SO easy to install. Reusable. Well made compared to other non-glass protectors.

I've got one ready to go for my pending 5s. The 5 second installation will be the first thing I do when I open the 5s box when the brown truck shows up.

b-rad g

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2010
I have to give a shout out to Monoprice. I have been a loyal Power Support screen protector user since the iPhone 4 and everytime I have used them they have been excellent.

But since their website had changed and at the time I couldn't find anywhere to order from them I decided to give Monoprice a shot since I was ordering cables from them anyway.

I didn't have high hopes since I was buying a 3-pack for about $3, but if it was half decent it was better than nothing. Well I am pleased to say that I received tham yesterday, installed them right away on my and my wife's iPhone 5s' and they are fantastic.:D

Nailed the install first time on both phones with absolutely no air bubbles and if it wasn't for the cutout around the camera and speaker you'd never know it was on there! So far very pleased with their protectors, and time will tell how they hold up to scratches and fingerprints. The fingerprint do wipe off easily so lets hope it stays that way. If they get bad I may splurge another $3 and try out their Matte version.

VSMacOne

macrumors 603
Oct 18, 2008
I've been using InvisibleShields for years and never had issues with them. When they get dirty or start peeling up they're easy enough to replace (just pay shipping). I used the HD version for my iPhone 5 and it's still on there now that my wife has it. I'm yet to install one on my 5s, but I think i'm gonna stick with IS.

Rocko1

macrumors 68020
Nov 3, 2011
Monoprice has the best/cheapest out there. Can't beat the price, they are clear and really scratch resistant.

mbhforum

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2010
I like armorsuit. You can find them on Amazon for $10.00 and $17 with the carbon fiber wrapping for the back and size. They are very easy to install, no bubbles and feels smooth on the screen.

Po1soNNN

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2012
Probably gonna go with tech armor or the cheap spigen ones. Honestly I've never been able to tell the difference between an expensive one and cheap one and as long as you have a case on you shouldn't be focusing on smash protection from a screen protector...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.