Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Which wallpapers are you using

• Dynamic

Votes: 7 18.4%
  • Static

Votes: 31 81.6%

• Total voters

sird28

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 16, 2012
Since iOS 7 came out to the public curious if you guys are using Dynamic or Static Wallpapers?

Dynamic - I like because I was from Android and I did like Live Wallpapers. Parallax Effect is much harder to see though.

Static - Ones like the Space Blue and Aurora Green Wallpapers show off the Parallax Effect. Gradients look nice but again hard to see the Parallax.

What are you guys using?

[MOD NOTE] I added a poll as that was requested.

Last edited by a moderator:

aDRock1154

macrumors 65816
Nov 15, 2011
Ohio
I'm using a static wallpaper with the Parallax Effect disabled. I really like the 3D like effect, but every time I went back to the home screen from an app the apps would jump.

Little things like that seem to bother me :D

sird28

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 16, 2012
I haven't noticed any jump yet :)

Are you using an iPhone 5 or is it a 4s wondering if that has anything to do with it?

Unhyper

macrumors regular
Apr 7, 2010
Finland
Static. I think the dynamic are neat but my gut feeling is that they use more battery power, and I'm trying to improve that.

I had to go through quite a few wallpapers to find one for the Home screen that I liked. I just wanted one that would make the icons and their names easy to see. I tried some dark red ones and whatever iOS 7 came with, but none of them really made the text easy to see. I don't think the one I am using is one of the default ones, but I'm not sure where I got it. Never have had so much trouble finding a wallpaper for the Home screen that didn't make the icon labels hard to see.

Attachments

• 2013-09-25 at 15-39-25.jpg
    2013-09-25 at 15-39-25.jpg
    232.2 KB · Views: 76
  • 2013-09-25 at 15-39-49.jpg
    2013-09-25 at 15-39-49.jpg
    302.7 KB · Views: 83

StaticFX

macrumors newbie
Jan 25, 2012
anyone know what the real size of the parralax wallpaper??? driving me nuts trying to get it right!

Sital

macrumors 68020
May 31, 2012
New England
anyone know what the real size of the parralax wallpaper??? driving me nuts trying to get it right!

I know the stock parallax walls are 744x1392, but there have been some sites like this one that say 1040x1536 (or 1526) is better. I've tried both sizes and prefer 1040x1536. For the walls I'm using that size just seems to "fit" better.

Oh, and to get back on topic - I use static wallpapers with the parallax effect on.

Dino F

Suspended
Sep 16, 2010
Croydon, South London, UK
Since iOS 7 came out to the public curious if you guys are using Dynamic or Static Wallpapers?

Dynamic - I like because I was from Android and I did like Live Wallpapers. Parallax Effect is much harder to see though.

Static - Ones like the Space Blue and Aurora Green Wallpapers show off the Parallax Effect. Gradients look nice but again hard to see the Parallax.

What are you guys using?

Ok, so I am gonna ask a real dumb question here:eek: but what exactly is the difference?!

Aren't the static wallpapers the ones which don't move - i.e. the ones which don't use the parallax feature, and the dynamic ones the ones which do move and do use the parallax feature?!

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Ok, so I am gonna ask a real dumb question here:eek: but what exactly is the difference?!

Aren't the static wallpapers the ones which don't move - i.e. the ones which don't use the parallax feature, and the dynamic ones the ones which do move and do use the parallax feature?!

Static wallpapers - the wallpaper itself isn't moving. This wallpaper does take advantage of parallax, as when you move your phone, the wallpaper (and the icons) move along with it, giving the appearance of depth and the ability to see "behind" the icons.

Dynamic wallpapers - the wallpaper itself moves - ie, with Apple's default dynamic wallpapers, there are floating orbs that move around the screen in the background. These too respond to movement, in that tilting the phone has the orbs move in that direction. But as such, it does not take advantage of parallax in the same way that static wallpapers do.

Dino F

Suspended
Sep 16, 2010
Croydon, South London, UK
Static wallpapers - the wallpaper itself isn't moving. This wallpaper does take advantage of parallax, as when you move your phone, the wallpaper (and the icons) move along with it, giving the appearance of depth and the ability to see "behind" the icons.

Dynamic wallpapers - the wallpaper itself moves - ie, with Apple's default dynamic wallpapers, there are floating orbs that move around the screen in the background. These too respond to movement, in that tilting the phone has the orbs move in that direction. But as such, it does not take advantage of parallax in the same way that static wallpapers do.

Ok Cool ! Cheers for clarifying! ;)

Graig

macrumors 6502
Aug 23, 2009
Vancouver, BC
iOS 6 Wallpapers

Does anyone have access to the wallpapers that were in iOS 6? They are not showing up now that iOS 7 is installed?

Last edited:

sird28

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 16, 2012
Kind like the blue to orange gradient and the green aurora and the blue galaxy so
Many choices ........

s2mikey

Suspended
Sep 23, 2013
Upstate, NY
I like using my own photos as wallpapers. The parallax effect is easy to see and for whatever reason I love that and cant get enough :D

eclipse01

macrumors 68030
May 16, 2011
Eau Claire, WI
Static, I am already hard on my battery with some features and the amount of time I spend on my phone. I don't need dynamic wallpapers to add to it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.