Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jmac049

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 21, 2011
Georgia
Just like most people, I found that I cannot delete any of my podcasts in List View on the new iTunes 11.1. Needless to say, I was not happy about this because I really don't want to scroll through hundreds of podcasts just to find the most recent one. Well, I found a way to revert back to 11.0.5 without having to uninstall anything.

http://www.emacconsulting.com/apple/itunes/downgrade-itunes-11-to-itunes-10-7/

Go to the link above and follow the directions to the letter. It works perfectly. Back-up just in case, but I just did it and it worked great. Takes less than three minutes. I know is says 10.7, but it works for 11.0.5. You can download 11.0.5 here:

http://mac.filehorse.com/download-itunes/3612/

Hope this works for everyone that wants to get the old way back. I'm sure Apple will fix this eventually but until they do...

Cole Slaw

macrumors 65816
Oct 6, 2006
Canada
Thanks jmac;
I also reverted back due to problems with 11.1 but was only able to find iTunes 10.
Thanks for the link to 11.0.5!

doconmac

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2013
Problem reverting to previous version iTunes

Hi,
I did that the long way last night using Time Machine to recover my old Library and root user account to delete 11.1 I installed 11.05 and the iTunes Folder from 11.05. Great, I now had iTunes 11.05 but when I plugged in my iPhone 4S
it refused to accept it and would not mount or sync, saying that it had been updated with a newer version of iTunes and offered to download the new version! Basically an hour wasted and still on 11.1
Rang AppleCare and they hadn't a clue that the problem existed and can not offer any fix...I suppose there will be an 11.1.1 soon as the Internet and forums are awash with complaints

litterbug

macrumors newbie
May 11, 2013
Geez, 11.0.5 is the one I'm trying to get rid of! Maybe it was some cleanup I tried to do--having three different iTunes folders on my hard drive rattles me, only one of which is the target folder in iTunes--but I have two Podcasts icons/labels in my sidebar but only one folder on my hard drive called Podcasts, and radio stations have been listed in my albums since the upgrade to 11, as far as I can tell...yecch! At least I declined to install 11.1 because I didn't want the system update to compete with the processor-heavy program I was using at the time.

Jmac, thanks for the Filehorse page; it'll be handy going forward. I just made a fresh clone of my system and have exported my iTunes library. Tomorrow morning, when my mind is fresh, I'll go through eMac Consulting's process to revert to 10.7.

Kanunu

macrumors 6502
Apr 18, 2009
Hawaii
Hi,
I did that the long way last night using Time Machine....... Great, I now had iTunes 11.05 but when I plugged in my iPhone 4S it refused to accept it and would not mount or sync, saying that it had been updated with a newer version of iTunes and offered to download the new version!
As I understand it, you used a Time machine fix. I was wondering if you later tried the method suggested by jmac049 or do you just plan on waiting on a fix.

Have others who followed the procedure suggested in this thread had problems synching their phones or iPads? I don't want to do all this and then find that I can't sync. I have already synced my iPod to the new iTunes but not yet my iPad.

I use my iPod Nano daily to play instructional audio tracks for teaching so I can't be down for long. I also play some podcasts for students and my complaint with 11.1 is that I get a five minute beachball when I press the podcast radio button on the top row of the device menu and another five minutes when I hit the "apply" button. That and the inability to permanently delete podcasts that I am done with.

jlmurphy3

macrumors newbie
Feb 17, 2011
Virginia
iTunes 11.1 Reversion to 11.0.5

I followed the procedure to revert my wife's MacBook to 11.0.5 from 11.1 due to the podcast issue and discovered her iPhone 4s would no longer sync with the older version of iTunes. Her phone was recently updated to iOS 7. Not a real issue since she doesn't listen to music or podcasts on her phone, just backs it up via iTunes. Set her phone to backup to iCloud without using iTunes, so that solves that issue.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.