Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

s.horsfield

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 3, 2011
New Zealand
I've been using iOS 7 as my daily driver since about Beta 4 (yes I'm a developer; 1 through 3 were a little iffy for me). Anyway as I've been using GM for a couple days I've noticed a couple of small things that COULD features be intended features/changes but may also be bugs. I figured I'd ask MR before filing a bug report.

Firstly the Field Test Mode number indicator doesn't stay permanent. In previous versions of iOS this would stay after leaving the field test app... Following the same setup path as usual this doesn't work (phone>dial *3001#12345#*>hold sleep wake>hold home button)

Scaling images to set as wallpaper doesn't work. They just bounce back into place without the slightest change

Anyone else having these problems? Or are they intended?

Thanks,
Simon

Leonard1818

macrumors 68020
Nov 15, 2011
YES!! the wallpaper scaling thing drives me nuts. Replaced my "good" wallpaper and wanted to go back but couldn't. Did a screenshot of the pic I wanted which was "better" for sizing purposes but lost some quality

ricb

macrumors member
Aug 19, 2008
network field test numbers

Mine wasn't sticking either. I made it stay by entering the *3001#12345#* as usual, but instead of first holding the power button until seeing the slider and then holding the home button - I held both the power and home at same time forcing a full shutdown. When the phone powered back up...voila...my field test number was there and is staying.;)

AntnyMikal

macrumors regular
Jun 2, 2012
Thank you. This worked for me as well. Spent an hour trying stuff, this made me happy.

johnsmith2

macrumors newbie
Aug 29, 2013
any one have other issues with ios 7 because i want to update my iphone to iso 7 so what is your suggestion should i go with it or stay with my old ios version.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.