Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

camomac

macrumors 6502a
Jan 26, 2005
Left Coast
Always look at reviews before buying something.

Yes, not sure why people would buy it, but live and learn...

For example:
http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/29985/tuneup

AGREED! one star reviews = buyer beware.

also i really don't understand the hostility here either, the OP was just trying
to make a point that the software was not doing what it claimed to do. good
to know. thank you for letting people know.

Mackilroy

macrumors 68040
Jun 29, 2006
btw...lmao at the guy that re-imported 400CDs
She. ;)

I've looked at Tuneup a few times, but I don't really listen to the files that I have no idea what the names for are anyway. I might try the trial sometime though. :)

Darkpoe7

macrumors newbie
Jun 19, 2011
I have paid for the full version of this product and now i am sure that i spent my money for nothing!
It crashes every time i open it and then my computer crashes as well!!!
No way to disable it? only solution ->TRASH

Worst online purchase ever in my opinion!

Don't buy it!

shherr

macrumors newbie
Jun 23, 2011
I don't have a problem with tune up, but there is some sort of undo option if you happen to click before reviewing.

Segsteady

macrumors newbie
Jan 31, 2013
TUNE-UP is the Worst Application on the Planet HANDS DOWN!

I was one of the earliest adopters of this expensive crap and I wish I had wrote on this forum then, but years later I'm still cleaning up the ' automagically screwed ' absolutely depressing frustrating and single most destructive and life time wasting regretful thing I have ever done in my entire life.

This software has totally ruined my itunes library in every single possible facet!

It added hundreds of different super specific genres that totally makes the genre filter on itunes worthless, some songs are all by themselves in a entire genre.

It totally ruined the album artwork on thousands of songs, and did all those things that multiple posters to this forum have stated like orphaning many songs from the rest of it's album and making albums take up to as much as a single NEW album per song per true album therefore making your ALBUMS FILTER on itunes basically the same thing as the SONGS filter of itunes puts out.

it AUTOMAGICALLY made my life a living hell because it's been like 3 years since i installed and paid for their crap and i'm only a fraction of the way to fixing the problems, and many of the problems will NEVER be fixed. I've even started my entire library fresh again, and the problems are haunting me.. and that's the most depressing part.. Because I had to START a new library I've lost all my Genius data, my play counts, my custom everything, the part of itunes that took my 9 years to get just right is now GONE forever because this software was absolutely stupid.

To make things worse I was working very very very very closely with their tech support so much so that I even emailed them on a daily basis my entire Library database info, per their requests.. so I spent like 100 hours of my life trying to HELP Their s$%tty tech support department with handing over my personal data.. oh ya including crash reports data because it crashed all the time.. and for all my help my life my time my money they never gave a refund they never said sorry they never solved anything and they are losers that deserves to rot in whatever place evil people like HIT2394873LER go to!

AMEN TO ALL THAT AGREE WITH ME

DOWN WITH AUTOMAGIC CRAP

I've noticed a CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT is being filed, and I"M ON BOARD!

May we all get out lives back as they were PRIOR TO BEING AUTOMAGICALLY SCREWED by AUTO-TUNE-WRECKER CRAP APP OF THE MILLENIUM.

robearbeach

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2012
I concur-Tune-Up for iTunes wrecked my music library-Do Not Buy

For example, it mismatched music and arbitrarily altered the artist's names on different albums. A simple example would be changing the name "Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young" to "Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young" and "Crosby Stills Nash & Young." That created three separate artists with some songs and albums divided and stored as separate albums by different artists. It then placed some songs from albums under "various artists," severing the relationship to the album. It's been over a year now and Im still fixing it.

Whoever criticized the OP is the worst kind of smug ******. The program sucks.

stewie1

macrumors member
Feb 23, 2010
The latest update (version 3) is a mess. You now can't "clean" select tracks without running "Automagic" on your entire library... which I have not been able to do for a month now as it hangs interminably and kicks up the fans on my computer. I had learned how to deal with the prior version's quirks by only running one album through it at a time and very carefully examining (and often correcting) the results it gave. But with the new update, it has really become worthless at this point. And I don't have an old machine, it's a 2 year old i7 SSD, it handles everything I have ever thrown at it... except TuneUp "Automagic." Run, don't walk from this horrible program.

msugarpants

macrumors member
Jan 4, 2005
tune up? more like tune down.

Well, thanks for that info. I will be sure not to upgrade if I can help it. I found Tune-up to be the best of that type of software. However, they admit it hangs when you do a large amount of songs at a time...or rather, when you have a large library. It is a daunting task checking 125,000 songs! I had to create a new itunes library using the fatcat software powertunes first....then run only about 100 songs (or 10 albums worth) at a time. Then check each for accuracy. THEN move them back to the main library while keeping track of which ones I have completed or not completed. When you do it this way, it works pretty well, but really, who has time for that? I stopped after about 1000 tracks and mostly gave up. Now Im just happy to have album art and rate them with stars to create playlists. LESSON: after using it and trusting the fixes, it does screw stuff up, so....use it slowly and methodically to make it work for you.

:D

Tiffany-Oliver

macrumors newbie
Apr 3, 2014
UPDATE: From TuneUp

Tiffany from TuneUp here So sorry that many of you have had so many issues with TuneUp 3.0. I wanted to let you know that TuneUp is now under new ownership and we have made some MAJOR improvements. You can read more about this transition here: http://www.tuneupmedia.com/company-info

To start, we strongly recommend that you download version 2.4.8, which is TuneUp’s strongest, most stable and most accurate version. For more information about how to do that, go here: http://support.tuneupmedia.com/hc/en-us/categories/200045018-Download-TuneUp-Version-2-4-8-

For those of you interested in checking out TuneUp, please download the free trial. And, if you’re interested in getting the full version, use promo code RELAUNCH14 for 30% off through April 15, 2014.

Again, thanks for your patience and support. Please let us know if you have any questions or comments.

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
Tuneupmedia

Used this software to clean up my huge library, unfortunately it fixes some things not others..

artist - song name is in one field, and and tuneup didn't fix this.

the info was correct, just in wrong fields... while others albums were displayed with the correct info...

Found quite a few "Track 0"s too when hovering over the results in Tuneup media, and as for cover art, its a total mess... Gracenotes is fine, since it does have the correct cover art because it displays it as an one of the alternatives for the wrong album, But for the actual album you want to apply the cover art too, all u get is a "Image unavailable", when it's it clearly is available.

TUM told me this is their "Cache" server issue,, and i haven't heard back when their going to fix it..

I don't mind its incorrect album, but being told its not available, when its on Gracenotes server is just wrong...... Its almost if TUM is deliberately messing with users results on the way back. :p That's not right.

Switching over to Mediamonkey, where in all honesty, you DON'T need to login just to save... Now u know why TUM require this.. and who else knows what they are doing since u must login.

Running version 2.4.8

Last edited:

Smellmet

macrumors 6502
Dec 15, 2012
Goole, UK
Each to their own I suppose. I actively enjoy doing it manually, filing it in the relevant playists and rating it. I find it a great way to unwind after a hard day. It's cathartic.

Liberty.

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2008
Each to their own I suppose. I actively enjoy doing it manually, filing it in the relevant playists and rating it. I find it a great way to unwind after a hard day. It's cathartic.
I agree, but its hard work and consumes SO much time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.