Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bobright

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 29, 2010
Is Apple still working with Samsung?

It was hell trying to find a good display with the iPad 2 (some light bleed is normal there were blobs ALL over the place), the 3 was better, never had a 4.

Markyyy

macrumors regular
Aug 1, 2013
What? Can you not read english?

You missed the word 'know' out... so the issue is that you didn't write in English ;)

And Spink10... I knew what he meant. Don't make junk posts.

Isn't Apple supposed to be using Sharp's IGZO displays?

Vanilla35

macrumors 68040
Apr 11, 2013
Washington D.C.
You missed the word 'know' out... so the issue is that you didn't write in English ;)

And Spink10... I knew what he meant. Don't make junk posts.

Isn't Apple supposed to be using Sharp's IGZO displays?

Na IGZO is most likely for next year.

My guess is with Samsung or LG. I don't think they use Sharp's displays yet, but they were looking into it for IGZO, which is more than likely a 2014 thing.

bobright

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 29, 2010
Lol u guys know what I meant come on

And yeah hoping for Samsung displays that'd be nice, I remember reading about Apple dropping Sharp due to not enough QC and bad panels

x-evil-x

macrumors 603
Jul 13, 2008
Na IGZO is most likely for next year.

My guess is with Samsung or LG. I don't think they use Sharp's displays yet, but they were looking into it for IGZO, which is more than likely a 2014 thing.

because you know for a fact right?

how would they reduce the size of full sized iPad and still get similar hours in battery life with the same battery draining screen?
90% chance its igzo..THIS YEAR!!!

Vanilla35

macrumors 68040
Apr 11, 2013
Washington D.C.
because you know for a fact right?

how would they reduce the size of full sized iPad and still get similar hours in battery life with the same battery draining screen?
90% chance its igzo..THIS YEAR!!!

Because they're not reducing the size. They're reducing the blue-print. I'm sure they can fit 95% of the same volume inside for internals. IGZO is not happening this year. There was already a few articles talking about how they're just now (as of last week) sampling around IGZO to companies, and will start the process for manufacturing early 2014. Whichhhhh last time I checked, is not this year. There should be ample amount of IGZO panels by summer 2014, just in time for the holidays next year.

x-evil-x

macrumors 603
Jul 13, 2008
Because they're not reducing the size. They're reducing the blue-print. I'm sure they can fit 95% of the same volume inside for internals. IGZO is not happening this year. There was already a few articles talking about how they're just now (as of last week) sampling around IGZO to companies, and will start the process for manufacturing early 2014. Whichhhhh last time I checked, is not this year. There should be ample amount of IGZO panels by summer 2014, just in time for the holidays next year.

so they will fit in the same size battery into a slimmer body? how would this be possible?

Vanilla35

macrumors 68040
Apr 11, 2013
Washington D.C.
so they will fit in the same size battery into a slimmer body? how would this be possible?

Redesign it. They had to make the iPad Mini's battery extremely thin to fit the chasis. They'd have to decrease width of the iPad 5's; maybe making it deeper than it had been.

x-evil-x

macrumors 603
Jul 13, 2008
isnt the retina ipad battery already very large? battery tech has no been improved. i need to find a picture of the battery in the ipads.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.