Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Italianblend

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 21, 2011
Fatima
on my ipad with ios 6, I get the app store badge that has say 11 updates available. I go to app store and it says all apps are up-to-date.

Either they are updating automatically or ios 6 thinks it's ios 7 until it tries to get the updated apps.

jc99

macrumors newbie
Jul 15, 2013
When I downgraded, this happened to me along with a few other glitches. I just backed my phone up on iTunes, erased everything then restored the backup. No longer have any issues with ghost updates and such.

GoofyCyborg

macrumors regular
Sep 23, 2013
Wales, UK
Nothing to do with downgrading, i get this on my iPhone 4s, iPad 3 & 4.

My iPhone was downgraded but my iPads have only ever had 6.1.3 on them.

hammie14

macrumors regular
Mar 18, 2010
UK
Just come here to post the same thing.

Apps are not being updated but the app store says there upto date

photo_1-20130923-192830.jpg

photo_2-20130923-192855.jpg

sohaloh

macrumors regular
Apr 10, 2012
London, Ontario
I'm getting this too after a downgrade back to iOS 6, but I realized that it happened with two apps that have been updated for only iOS 7. One was kayak and the other was geek bench 3. Since they are updated for iOS 7 the badges sometimes show up but if you go to the updates page there is nothing there. After I deleted the apps it's been fine since.

on my ipad with ios 6, I get the app store badge that has say 11 updates available. I go to app store and it says all apps are up-to-date.

Either they are updating automatically or ios 6 thinks it's ios 7 until it tries to get the updated apps.

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
I've been having this since Thursday, on my 4S (6.1.3) and both of my computers (10.8.5, Mac App Store). It's something server-side and isn't directly related to iOS 7 but it does seem to be indirectly related.

philphilphil

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2013
I'm recording the same events on my :apple: iPhone 4S. I can have 13 updates showing and then have nothing once I go in to the Store.

It's like the apps themselves have an auto-update feature not dependent on the OS. Not a problem at all but interesting.

hammie14

macrumors regular
Mar 18, 2010
UK
Doing a full reset and erase then restoring has fixed this problem.

Not sure for how long tho :rolleyes:

braddick

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2009
Encinitas, CA
The best I can figure out this is related to Apple's press release last week identify the ability to now download older versions of updated apps on older iDevices.
For example, on my iPhone 3G I am able to now download SoundHound and MyStarbucks even though those two apps have gone through a couple of updates since 4.2.1

What I am guessing we are seeing now are updates showing available to you but in actuality they're not. For example, an update on Wikipanion+ is only for 7.0 yet on my 6.02 iPhone 5 it shows the available update yet when I attempt to do so the badge clears and the update is no longer 'available'.

This may seem convoluted, yet I see the reasoning behind Apple doing this- at least for now.
They're likely to change this procedure when enough customers complain

class77

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2010
Never upgraded to 7, but I'm getting the same update error. I'm stuck with 4 updates, yet when I try to update them, the app says it's up to date. Extremely irritating

zBoost

macrumors member
Sep 19, 2013
This happened to me a few days ago but now it's fixed and they appear in updates. Have nothing to do with donwgrading as I haven't installed iOS7, I even blocked the update through my router. But even if they don't appear u can hit purchased and Update button will be visible there for each one, so thats why it shows the count bubble.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.