Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

graphicsward

macrumors member
Aug 22, 2009
i gotta say moo too.

i don't know about the 'best' but moo is great, i use the mini cards and have gotten everything from postcards to green and the deluxe for my clients and everything has been perfect. Mini cards are great, stiff easy to carry with the case and draw lots of comments and attention.

steveash

macrumors 6502a
Aug 7, 2008
UK
Vistaprint are very cheap and the quality matches the price point.

I recently ordered the premium Moo cards. They're not bad but could be better. They were guillotined from the back giving a burr on the front face. They were also not allowed to dry quickly enough so the ink from the back has left a slight mark on the front of most cards. After tax and delivery they were a similar price to my local printer.

Kaivon7

macrumors newbie
Dec 6, 2012
Printing Service!

I'm looking to get some nice, quality business cards printed. I've looked at Mpix, WHCC, and OvernightPrints but they all seemed to have mixed reviews. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

If anybody is looking for some top quality business cards please let me know. You can email me at kaivontalai@yahoo.com. My business partner runs a Printing Shop in San Francisco. But we can ship nation wide. We will work with you in creating you business cards and wont ship anything untill you approved the final Proof of the cards. Once again you email or even go to our website copymat3.com

If you go through the website just send them an email and they should follow up with you ASAP.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Kaivon

ChrisA

macrumors G5
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California
Vista Print has done me well -- I've ordered both b&w and color cards from them, and the color fidelity is great--same as what I see in Photoshop.

One more vote for Vista print. I use their "'free" cards. Just pay shipping for a box of 250. Their free cards are nice too, I have a color photo as a background and all the printing I need. PPeole comment that they look good. an you can't beat "free"

JGowan

macrumors 68000
Jan 29, 2003
Mineola TX
Beware of vistaprints

I got totally robbed by Vistaprints, people. I got my cards and all was well until I noticed many months later (more than 12) that a fee of around $14.99 was being billed every single month. I found out through phone calls that it all began when I did Vistaprint cards. I was told that I had checked a box that allowed them to do this. I was furious and demanded that every single dollar be put back on my card or I would sue. The guy sounded understood I meant business and assured me that every dollar would be put back and it was.

Google: "vistaprint scams" and you will see that they are not to be trusted!

BrentD

macrumors 6502
Jun 25, 2010
Who does foil, die-cutting, wax, and plastic(semi-transparent) business cards?
4over.com does frosted and transparent cards. Never done those with them, but have done a whole variety of other products from them always with great luck.

Side note: Geez there's a ton of spam in this thread!

TheOhioWordguy

macrumors newbie
Feb 6, 2014
Ask the right questions...

Even though I've been in publishing for a long time, I only began buying print about 10 years ago.

What I have learned is this: The question to ask a printer is not, "Can you do this?" it's, "What do you specialize in?"

You'll find that virtually every printer will say they can do your job, but many will job it out themselves. This is particularly true with smaller local printers. So, while many people want/try to "shop local," what they may not realize is that their "local" printer is jobbing out their project. I'm not saying that's wrong, only trying to educate.

That being said if you are a designer/reseller doing print projects for profit, you will probably have a hard time making money on the print component working through local print shops. You are their competition.

A great trade-only resource for biz cards and a variety of other projects is ZooPrinting.com. They require registration, and it's best to use Zoo when you have projects that fall within their standard choices, but they have grown considerably, and have a huge array of product choices.

You will have a very hard time beating their prices and turnaround times, and they now have three production facilities across the USA, so shipping is very reasonable.

Hope that helps!

24hrpizza

macrumors member
Dec 19, 2013
I have been sorely disappointed with VistaPrint. My former boss insisted on suing them and the cards were shameful to give out.

I've used OverNightPrints lots of times, and know several other designers who have also, and never a lick of trouble.

your boss sued Vista print?!

chrisrosemusic1

macrumors 6502a
Jan 31, 2012
Northamptonshire, England
also check out vistaprint.com

Good luck! :)

I second these - I've been using them for my business for over 6 years. Unbeatable prices, fantastic quality and insanely quick delivery if you're willing to pay for expedited services.

Thoroughly recommend them and you'll get some great deals as a new customer.

----------

your boss sued Vista print?!

lol I bet he didn't win if he did.

I've found them flawless through lots and lots of orders. I would only believe the original upload or design was flawed as nothing is proof read and is printed as seen.

kaironwilliam12

macrumors newbie
Oct 20, 2014
Discount Business Card Printer

One year ago I had taken the business card printing service from West End Imaging. You can get all kinds of printing service from this company. I am appreciated for this business card printing service from my friends. The services of this company are very high quality and the prices are very low. I am very satisfied with its service.

Uplift

macrumors 6502
Feb 1, 2011
UK
I'm surprised anyone can recommend vista print, they are complete rubbish.. they advertise cheap prices but to get that price you need to use the most basic service,card,shipping etc.. that they offer, any slight change in the order process and you'll end up paying more, they also try to mislead you into buying items you don't need, their site is bloated and rubbish, i haven't used it for years but actually got the impression it was designed to confuse you so you would accidentally buy more.. the cards weren't too bad for the price but i've used Moo since and the quality is much better, you get what you pay for...

Alimar

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2014
New York State
I'm surprised anyone can recommend vista print, they are complete rubbish.. they advertise cheap prices but to get that price you need to use the most basic service,card,shipping etc.. that they offer, any slight change in the order process and you'll end up paying more, they also try to mislead you into buying items you don't need, their site is bloated and rubbish, i haven't used it for years but actually got the impression it was designed to confuse you so you would accidentally buy more.. the cards weren't too bad for the price but i've used Moo since and the quality is much better, you get what you pay for...

I like MOO, but VistaPrint is good in a pinch... Especially if you can take advantage of 40% - 60% off coupons!

MistrSynistr

macrumors 68000
May 15, 2014
I just used uprinting.com for rounded edge business cards, high gloss...I will update this thread in 4 days on the quality but the reviews seemed pretty well.

I have used Vistaprint in the past and they are suitable. No complaints but they didn't have rounded cards.u

HoustonN

macrumors newbie
Jan 19, 2015
It really depends on what you're looking for. vista print is usually pretty reliable and everybody knows who they are. moo has pretty unique options, but is kind of on the pricier side, though well worth it.

materials.uzmarketing.com is a printer I've been using for the past year since I'm in houston. good, cheap and fast.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.