Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

curiosity

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 3, 2013
Did you change something in the last like two days? In my user CP I see people replying to my subscriptions, but I don't get any email notifications anymore. Well, at least just very rarely. I double checked my setting, and instant notifications are turned on.

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
Did you change something in the last like two days? In my user CP I see people replying to my subscriptions, but I don't get any email notifications anymore. Well, at least just very rarely. I double checked my setting, and instant notifications are turned on.

Check your spam settings? Our records show you are still getting email notifications delivered

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-09-19 at 12.07.55 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-09-19 at 12.07.55 PM.png
    45 KB · Views: 93

curiosity

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 3, 2013
Wow, my Gmail account is full of MacRumors "spam". I haven't even thought about that. Sorry for wasting your time but thanks for your help!
BTW: I've never changed any spam settings, weird...

----------

"Why is this message in spam? We've found that lots of messages from this sending domain are spam."

lelisa13p

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2009
Atlanta, GA USA
No Email Daily Updates Since 09-18

Usually these subscribed forum update emails arrive at midnite but there have been none yesterday or today at the time of this post (12:24 AM EDT). Nothing caught in Spam filter and subscribed email address is Gmail.

Anyone else missing these? I subscribe to 11 forums with daily email notifications.

UPDATE: Another day gone by and still no email daily notifications. What's wrong? (3 days.)

Last edited:

lelisa13p

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2009
Atlanta, GA USA
My situation, the lack of Daily Forum Update emails, continues still.

Yesterday (Sunday), I took the time to Unsub and then Sub to all of the individual forums that I was receiving emails from (for years) until this failure began Wednesday, Sept. 18.

Also not receiving any instant emails, either. Added originating forum email address to Contacts.

Still nothing showing in the Spam filter for Gmail.

Doesn't anybody in a position to help care about this??? :(

UPDATE: It's now half past midnite and no emails. Failed again. Out of ideas.

Last edited:

lelisa13p

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2009
Atlanta, GA USA
Thru some odd action of the Universe, all of my missing emails, from Sept. 19th thru today, were delivered all at once tonite. :eek:

No clue what happened but just happy that it's working again. :)

hakr100

macrumors 6502a
Mar 1, 2011
East Coast
I wasn't getting the notifications either, and I had no spam filters set. But...when I logged onto my gmail account via the web access, I noticed that GMAIL administrators had decided that notifications from macrumors was spam. This is something the admins here need to resolve.

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
I wasn't getting the notifications either, and I had no spam filters set. But...when I logged onto my gmail account via the web access, I noticed that GMAIL administrators had decided that notifications from macrumors was spam. This is something the admins here need to resolve.

In theory this should be getting better.

If you are still getting emails placed in SPAM from MacRumors.

Please do the following:

Go to your spam folder, click on the most recent MacRumors message.

Click on the dropdown arrow, and click Show Original. Then copy/paste the entire message to an email to me (arn@normalkid.com)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-09-29 at 2.13.48 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-09-29 at 2.13.48 AM.png
    26 KB · Views: 77
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.