Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

millk18

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2010
My account was just debited and my status changed to "Preparing for Shipment." Just something for those out there asking about times and shipping.

I ordered-
THROUGH: APPLE STORE APP ON iPHONE
ORDERED: GOLD, 32GB
CONFIRMATION TIME: 2:08AM CENTRAL (wasted time pondering dock )
DELIVERY TIME: OCT 7-10
EXPEDITED SHIPPING: YES
CARRIER: I WISH I KNEW
SERVICE: ATT

By the way, I am in the St. Louis metro region.

karboN.6

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 26, 2010
Ny
Under what status? Shipped? UPS apparently only takes them from the factory on monday - friday. If it misses the friday window, it must remain there till monday.

----------

Today is my 8th day in the processing stage, and I've decided to take a leap of faith. Well not really, more like a free fall with a safety net underneath. I arrived at my local Apple Store 2 hrs early, to attempt to catch lightning in a bottle. If there are phones to be had, looks like I'm first in line.

Wish me luck!

Do they change planes once they get to Alaska?

dmorgan

macrumors member
Mar 24, 2009
I ordered a 5S online through apple.com, and it hasn't shipped yet. I am able to cancel the order, which I want to as I now want the 5C. If I cancel my order on apple.com, will AT&T know, and reset my upgrade eligibility?

Michael887

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Unless the majority of the online orders were made within the first hours on launch day, it's amazing that Apple's still quoting "October" for orders made today. If they're having so much trouble fulfilling orders now, how in the hell are they gonna make sure that those people are served before the end of the month?

citysurfer1

macrumors newbie
Jun 18, 2013
I ordered a 5S online through apple.com, and it hasn't shipped yet. I am able to cancel the order, which I want to as I now want the 5C. If I cancel my order on apple.com, will AT&T know, and reset my upgrade eligibility?

Yes takes about 5 min after canceling

wkennedy74

macrumors member
Apr 28, 2010
Well I was able to pick up a 16gb space grey 5s from a Walmart in Carmel, Indiana last Sunday.

I went to the apple store first and they didn't have anything ATT. Called best buy, and Walmart near there. Tried the Walmart in Carmel as a last hope on my way home and they had one.

Was also able to pick up an ATT blue 16gb 5c this past Saturday for my wife at Best Buy, East Washington in Indianapolis.

Problem now is her phone is newer than mine ;)

scoop2mylue

macrumors 6502a
Sep 8, 2010
Indiana
Well I was able to pick up a 16gb space grey 5s from a Walmart in Carmel, Indiana last Sunday.

I went to the apple store first and they didn't have anything ATT. Called best buy, and Walmart near there. Tried the Walmart in Carmel as a last hope on my way home and they had one.

Was also able to pick up an ATT blue 16gb 5c this past Saturday for my wife at Best Buy, East Washington in Indianapolis.

Problem now is her phone is newer than mine ;)

it may be newer but she definitely didn't get the better one

and I was just down in Indy over the wknd to pick mine up at the apple store 32GB silver at&t and got lucky and found one for her at a target 16GB space grey

gsusser

macrumors 6502
Jun 20, 2012
Medellín, Colombia
For the east coast USA and expedited shipping, what is the average time frame from entering the prepare stage to signing for it at the door? Apple still estimates Oct. 7-10. Is it really a week to 10 days? I thought I remembered closer to 4 or 5 days when I got my 4 from Apple, but it's been a while.

That seems to be the case for me.

I ordered my 5s (64gb slate) online from Apple at 12:15am PST on 9/20. I was first quoted 10/8 - 10/11. I was pissed but it wasn't that big a deal to me. It was more the principle. I called yesterday just to voice my displeasure, and they offered expedited shipping without my asking. But it turns out it only moves it up by one day. The rep says it comes directly from China.

enzo thecat

macrumors 6502
Apr 7, 2010
Midwest USA
I've ordered every iphone starting with the 4. Never has my shipment been pushed back before and this has been pushed back 3 times. (I ordered it the morning it was released) Now I have an estimated ship date of OCT 9-11. It was supposed to be here in September. Grrrrrrr. Seems like they really screwed the pooch with this release

Michael887

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
This is honestly getting ridiculous. Into my 10th day now, and still processing. At least the "magic well" that the Apple Stores have been dipping into for supply, seems to be drying out. So no more bull... hopefully.

mramos8

macrumors newbie
Oct 1, 2013
Preparing for shipment since yesterday

iPhone 5S 32gbs GOLD tmo (unlocked)

iPhone 5S 16gbs SILVER tmo (unlocked)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-09-30 at 5.10.05 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-09-30 at 5.10.05 PM.png
    31.5 KB · Views: 66
  • Screen Shot 2013-09-30 at 5.09.58 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-09-30 at 5.09.58 PM.png
    30.9 KB · Views: 77

jamesjingyi

macrumors 6502a
Dec 20, 2011
UK
How could that happen I am confused? You were one of the first people to order it yet it's getting pushed back? Are you sure you don't mean pm?

No, I stayed up all night however there was such a low supply in the UK that they channeled them to the stores... I was very displeased about this and haven't actually received it yet.. Next Monday... Hopefully

----------

Call apple and complain, like now.

I called... They said it was because it was 'so popular'. Yes, because you sold all the iPhones you had in 1-2 mins before my payment was complete... **** Apple... :(

----------

Uh what did you do to your order? It should't be slipping...

iPhone 5S Space Grey (not even gold) 32GB.... I get it on MONDAY which is OCTOBER the 7th... Late or what? :/

----------

I've ordered every iphone starting with the 4. Never has my shipment been pushed back before and this has been pushed back 3 times. (I ordered it the morning it was released) Now I have an estimated ship date of OCT 9-11. It was supposed to be here in September. Grrrrrrr. Seems like they really screwed the pooch with this release

Same... Absolutely ridiculous since I ordered mine at 12.01pm when it was released because I knew that there was such a short supply of them..

matttye

macrumors 601
Mar 25, 2009
Lincoln, England
Got mine today - what a BEAST :D

TouchID is amazing and works perfectly.

Some apps are a lot more fluid, mainly camera and games.

Loving space grey after owning white phones for so long!

Alshujibi

macrumors regular
Nov 19, 2012
New Castle, DE
iPhone 5s 32 gold ordered 20th with case and dock
Got the processing email 23th :(
Same day got the dock and case shipped
Till now the 5s is still in processing stage
Meaning 8 days till today
Anyone with same situation? :(

----------

did you order the gold version? if so, we're in the same boat :(

I've started to hate the gold 5s @.@

Moonloop

macrumors member
Mar 4, 2012
Ireland
Could Apple have messed up the 5s launch more ?

Doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to how items are shipping really . I ordered 64gb Gold Unlocked from Apple Uk and have been in ' Processing Limbo ' since early on launch day :( After all the hype and everyone looking forward to their new ' Precioussss' it feels a bit like cancelling Christmas having to wait for ' October' whatever that means .

I rang Apple today and spoke to a ' robot ' ( a real one actually :D ) which just read me my ' Processing' details from the Order Status page. Lotta help !

I hope someone stands up at the next Apple AGM and points out that profits would have been even better had they actually produced enough phones for launch day .

By the time my iPhone 5s arrives there could be less than 11 months to go to
iPhone 6 lol .......

~M~

karboN.6

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 26, 2010
Ny
im waiting for my phone to be delivered very shortly...... The ups truck comes around 630 and my phone is supposed to be delivered today! I am so anxious!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.