Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SimplyiOS

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 22, 2012
I'm curious if anyone has any input on streaming live NFL football on their devices? I've been reading up on using the Skyfire App to watch flash videos. There appear to be a few sources to stream the content from with that option. If anyone has experience using Skyfire, I'd like to hear how it works. Also any other options, I'm all ears to hear.

NFL Sunday ticket app would be excellent, but unfortunately I do not have Directv or any cable/dish service. I only have wifi at the house and iOS devices/apple tv/ps3. I've been reading up on the NFL Sunday ticket being offered on ps3, I may entertain that as an option for viewing.

If anyone has some advice or other ideas I'd really like to hear them. Appreciate the help in advance.

chdwil

macrumors regular
Jun 14, 2009
I'm curious if anyone has any input on streaming live NFL football on their devices? I've been reading up on using the Skyfire App to watch flash videos. There appear to be a few sources to stream the content from with that option. If anyone has experience using Skyfire, I'd like to hear how it works. Also any other options, I'm all ears to hear.

NFL Sunday ticket app would be excellent, but unfortunately I do not have Directv or any cable/dish service. I only have wifi at the house and iOS devices/apple tv/ps3. I've been reading up on the NFL Sunday ticket being offered on ps3, I may entertain that as an option for viewing.

If anyone has some advice or other ideas I'd really like to hear them. Appreciate the help in advance.

I used the play station 3 option last season. Other than crummy service week 1 it worked great. There is no other reliable way on your phone to watch games.

Beelzbub

macrumors 6502
Feb 6, 2012
I have NFL Sunday Ticket and streaming works good, other than that all I am aware of is an app that will let you stream all the preseason games and it is called NFL Preseason Live, it's $19.99 and you get all of the preseason games.

Other than that I am not sure. Perhaps if you know someone who buys the NFL Ticket, offer to pay the $99 for streaming rights, because right now NFL Sunday Ticket costs $199 and your limited to just your TV, and the extra $99 gets you streaming access as well.

james92se

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2010
Dallas, TX
Veetle.com usually has several NFL games, at least the bigger ones (aka youre not going to find, say, Jacksonville vs. Cleveland on there). It works right from Safari on the phone

Quality varies but is usually pretty decent.

Zac7

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2011
Nfl mobile if your on Verizon offers nfl redzone and Sunday and Monday night games.

ROLLTIDE1

macrumors 68000
Sep 12, 2012
I don't watch the NFL cause the there is no passion and it seems like everybody is only worried about collecting a check. I do watch NCAA football games all the time streaming from my slingbox and the quality is amazing:D

kjparfekt

macrumors regular
Sep 24, 2012
Washington, DC
I don't watch the NFL cause the there is no passion and it seems like everybody is only worried about collecting a check. I do watch NCAA football games all the time streaming from my slingbox and the quality is amazing:D

My slingbox solo quality is decent - far from amazing but definitely quite watchable.

NoCleverSNForMe

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2003

I've heard Skyfire works well, but I used Photon. Then I would navigate to http://www.ILEMI.PE, tap on the game I wanted, hit "Turn on Flash", and presto, I could watch the game.

Then I switched to Verizon. Much, much, much easier. $5/mo.

----------

I don't watch the NFL cause the there is no passion and it seems like everybody is only worried about collecting a check.

Thanks for this incredibly helpful post. I'm sure the OP really appreciates it and finds it helpful.

Can you also drop by some iPhone users threads and say, "I don't use an iPhone because it seems like Apple is only worried about collecting a check." I think that'll really help other people, too.

ROLLTIDE1

macrumors 68000
Sep 12, 2012
I've heard Skyfire works well, but I used Photon. Then I would navigate to http://www.ILEMI.PE, tap on the game I wanted, hit "Turn on Flash", and presto, I could watch the game.

Then I switched to Verizon. Much, much, much easier. $5/mo.

----------

Thanks for this incredibly helpful post. I'm sure the OP really appreciates it and finds it helpful.

Can you also drop by some iPhone users threads and say, "I don't use an iPhone because it seems like Apple is only worried about collecting a check." I think that'll really help other people, too.

Not sure if it's that time of the month or what but I did mention the Slingbox in my post so I am not sure why you left that part out of your quote :D Take care

alent1234

macrumors 603
Jun 19, 2009

you're missing out on the giants this year then

wxman2003

Suspended
Apr 12, 2011
I know this is too late now, but EA Sports did offer NFL sunday ticket for free when you bought the Madden 25th anniversary for $99 through Amazon. Can stream on computer, tablet or phone with app. It was a big success, but was limited to 50,000 copies. Watch for it next year through Amazon. I've been watching games all season and quality is great. I even airplay it from my mac to my tv.

Eric8199

macrumors 6502a
Feb 27, 2009
I know this is too late now, but EA Sports did offer NFL sunday ticket for free when you bought the Madden 25th anniversary for $99 through Amazon. Can stream on computer, tablet or phone with app. It was a big success, but was limited to 50,000 copies. Watch for it next year through Amazon. I've been watching games all season and quality is great. I even airplay it from my mac to my tv.

This was what I did too. Awesome deal. I love it. Only bummer is that if a game is broadcast locally for you, you can't view it on your device. Fine if you're by a TV, sucks if you're not.

Go Bears!

NoCleverSNForMe

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2003
Not sure if it's that time of the month or what but I did mention the Slingbox in my post so I am not sure why you left that part out of your quote :D Take care

Yeah, my apologies buddy. I am not usually like that in my posts. I just broke up with my girlfriend of 7 years this morning. In a bad mood.

Sorry, once again.

----------

you're missing out on the giants this year then

That cheered me up, thank you. :)

BeeGood

macrumors 68000
Sep 15, 2013
Lot 23E. Somewhere in Georgia.
There is the Justin.tv app, but since it's not exactly kosher the NFL is very aggressive about shutting streams down.

It works pretty well for college though, apparently the NCAA doesn't care who broadcasts their games.

Col Ronson

macrumors 6502a
Aug 7, 2008
i streamed NFL sunday ticket on LTE and 4G/HSPA+ before no problems. Ive always had lag and glitches streaming from the "nonofficial" sites.

tongefactor40

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2010
I use VPN app, set to Europe, uk iTunes account to get NFL Game Pass. You can watch past games, any live one, Sunday night football, nfl network, and red zone.

It will also airplay to Apple TV....

VPN cost 10/yr other than that, it is free

chitown3014

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2013
I use VPN app, set to Europe, uk iTunes account to get NFL Game Pass. You can watch past games, any live one, Sunday night football, nfl network, and red zone.

I have the same setup on my iPad2. Works great with a good internet connection. Nothin better than Redzone on Sundays!!

iSIILENT

macrumors regular
Feb 6, 2008

Which VPN app you use ? Can it be used as a location spoofer?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.