Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sekman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 28, 2012
Good Day I have a 13" 2k13 MBA I got shortly following release earlier in the summer. I seem to think the screen hinge is a little bit loose for being so new. Anyone else experienced this? Is this something Apple Care covers? Can it be corrected in store?

MikePembo951

macrumors member
May 25, 2013
UK
Good Day I have a 13" 2k13 MBA I got shortly following release earlier in the summer. I seem to think the screen hinge is a little bit loose for being so new. Anyone else experienced this? Is this something Apple Care covers? Can it be corrected in store?

How did it go? Did they cover it?

I think i'm having a similar issue

Last edited:

l0gikb0mb

macrumors regular
Apr 6, 2012
I'm not sure if it can be corrected in store, I exchanged mine for another and the hinge was much better. Though it has a small ding in it, it's not worth exchanging and possibly getting another with a loose hinge.

Does yours close by itself even when the monitor is facing a little toward you? If so, the hinge is probably pretty loose like mine.

MikePembo951

macrumors member
May 25, 2013
UK
I'm not sure if it can be corrected in store, I exchanged mine for another and the hinge was much better. Though it has a small ding in it, it's not worth exchanging and possibly getting another with a loose hinge.

Does yours close by itself even when the monitor is facing a little toward you? If so, the hinge is probably pretty loose like mine.

Ah it seems like im having a different issue, mine problem is that the hinge cover is loose, (not the actual hinge mechanism).

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1653187/

derohan

macrumors member
Jul 28, 2012
Nice, France
I'm having the same issue with the hinge cover I believe, I'll look into it some other time, it's wayyy past bedtime on a Sunday night..

Ditto for the hinge mechanism, it's 'looser' than my ex-mba12' felt :eek:
;)

ciao

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Nov 23, 2011

Why would you type 2k13? It's no less characters than 2013, and makes your thread invisible to anyone searching 2013. LOL

alancorp

macrumors newbie
Apr 23, 2011
Why would you type 2k13? It's no less characters than 2013, and makes your thread invisible to anyone searching 2013. LOL

Maybe they are an NBA 2K13 fan (the video game). When I first read the title, I thought he was saying 2K13 NBA. lol

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Nov 23, 2011
Maybe they are an NBA 2K13 fan (the video game). When I first read the title, I thought he was saying 2K13 NBA. lol

When I first read it I thought of that rap group.... and I thought he was saying his new laptop is "off da hinnnnge!"

DaveOP

macrumors 68000
May 29, 2011
Portland, OR
Ah it seems like im having a different issue, mine problem is that the hinge cover is loose, (not the actual hinge mechanism).

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1653187/

I just got my 2011 MBA back today with this issue. It was out of warranty, but it was only 29.99 out the door for a replacement of the hinge cover, and it made the hinge nice and tight again. I'd imagine this is covered under warranty, and honestly the best money I've had to spend repairing a computer in a while.

polee

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2008
Oh I thought the hinge cover was attached to the LCD. When apple repaired my loose hinge, they replaced the whole top part of my MBA 11 including the LCD screen.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.