Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mispeled

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 17, 2013
I have a MacAir I bought for work and they recently bought me a PC to use instead. They've given me the MacAir, which is awesome. I upgraded to Mountain Lion yesterday and was checking out the new features. Notes is new, which I like having synced with my iCloud notes.

However, on the left hand pane, where it says All Notes, there are two folders listed: iCloud Notes (awesome) and The Company's Name Notes (lame). I know it seems petty, but I don't want The Company's Name as the second folder in notes, I'd like to name it something else. Or, at the very least, the screenshots I keep finding on the web, which read "On This Mac" as the local folder name.

Can I change the folder name to something else? I've searched the whole drive for the folder and for the notes local files but have come up with nothing. Thanks kindly. You rock.

mispeled

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 17, 2013
As always happens to me on forums, nobody found a solution, so I had to find one myself. If this happens to anyone else:

In Notes, choose the Notes folder.
Click on Accounts

This opens the System Preferences -> Mail, Contacts & Calendars

Find the account you don't want in notes. Uncheck it from iCloud.

If you don't want the account entirely, then choose it and select the minus sign at the bottom of the list of accounts to remove it.

That's what I did. Everyone probably already knew this, though, right?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.