Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Macintosh1984

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 15, 2012
Hello!

Possible that with Mavericks, if I need to synchronize the contacts of my iPhone, I have to use iCloud? This not what I like!

stooovie

macrumors 6502a
Nov 21, 2010
Yeah, I don't have the Info pane in iTunes under 10.9 either. Everything seems to sync over iCloud.

benwiggy

macrumors 68020
Jun 15, 2012
What is it about iCloud syncing that you dislike?

Personally, I think it's good that an app called i-TUNES is losing some of its bloat. eBooks are going to iBooks, and Calendar/Contacts data has been moved to iCloud.

Macintosh1984

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 15, 2012
What is it about iCloud syncing that you dislike?

Personally, I think it's good that an app called i-TUNES is losing some of its bloat. eBooks are going to iBooks, and Calendar/Contacts data has been moved to iCloud.
I know that we are now tracked, but sharing all my personal data and deliberately is not good for me.

Jon-PDX

macrumors regular
Oct 20, 2011
Pacific NW - USA
Unless I missed something it looks like that software will transfer but not sync your contacts.

If that's the case how will you sync your contacts?

The fact that they removed the info tab bothers me a lot. Why would they do this? It makes no sense to force people to use iCloud sync.

What version of iTunes is on Mavericks? I have ver 11.1.2 (31) on ML and the info tab is there. I thought that was the current version.

There is a lot of other info under the Info section. Is it possible that that stuff has been moved to another menu?

Also, I don't remember reading it but do you have iCloud turned on or off on your phone?

Jon...

Macintosh1984

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 15, 2012
Unless I missed something it looks like that software will transfer but not sync your contacts.

If that's the case how will you sync your contacts?

The fact that they removed the info tab bothers me a lot. Why would they do this? It makes no sense to force people to use iCloud sync.

What version of iTunes is on Mavericks? I have ver 11.1.2 (31) on ML and the info tab is there. I thought that was the current version.

There is a lot of other info under the Info section. Is it possible that that stuff has been moved to another menu?

Also, I don't remember reading it but do you have iCloud turned on or off on your phone?

Jon...
Well...

- iCloud turned off on iPhone and Mac
- iTunes on Mavericks 11.1.2 (31)

With DiskAid I can copy the contact vCard from iPhone to Mac, for now this...

I read on the Apple KB that is Mavericks combined with iTunes that allow only iCloud sync.

Jon-PDX

macrumors regular
Oct 20, 2011
Pacific NW - USA
Well...

- iCloud turned off on iPhone and Mac
- iTunes on Mavericks 11.1.2 (31)

With DiskAid I can copy the contact vCard from iPhone to Mac, for now this...

I read on the Apple KB that is Mavericks combined with iTunes that allow only iCloud sync.

Interesting that the same version of iTunes is different under Mavericks. Although I've been using the iCloud sync for contacts because of the convenience I was going to shut it off and delete all of it out of iCloud because of security/privacy issues and go back to syncing with iTunes.

This might be the one thing that stops me from upgrading to Mavericks.

Jon...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.