Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AnthroMatt

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2011
Redlands, CA
Different reviews i've read have stated difficulty accessing Control Center, it's not impossible, just difficult

Yeah, I would say about 80% of the time I can't get the Control Center to work with the Nuud. I didn't realize how "bad" it was until I took the phone out of the case to try it without a case. Blah.

INGfusion

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2013
Volume while calling has never been an issue for me. The volume and quality of the speaker for music/alerts/speakerphone is definitely degraded, but no more so than any other waterproof case I have used.

Did receiver clearly hear your sound ?

INGfusion

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2013
Yes, no complaints unless I wasn't holding the phone's mic right near my mouth.

Did you apply the included screen protector ? Or leave it make screen , because I found out that the includes screen protector not 100% cover the while screen . Need some advise thank you

AnthroMatt

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2011
Redlands, CA
Did you apply the included screen protector ? Or leave it make screen , because I found out that the includes screen protector not 100% cover the while screen . Need some advise thank you

I applied but removed it. Didn't care for it, but it was fine as screen protectors go. If you (or anyone for that matter) is concerned with scratch protection, I'd just recommend getting the Fr.

Danomac

macrumors newbie
Jan 15, 2013
I Love this case! However, I hate the slippery back, provides no grip whatsoever. I put the back from the fre back on it and got rid of the nuud back I don't care if it's not recommended, it definitely needs better grip. I also tried a Belkin screen protector under the nuud, the case did snapped closed. I removed the screen protector and used the one provided. the seems on the sides appeared tighter, I'm talking a fraction of an mm. If they add a back with more grip then this case is perfect!

Last edited:

faiz23

macrumors 6502
Oct 8, 2010
Got the Fre for FREE from AT&T and absolutely hated it for daily use. It lasted about 1 hour on my phone. The nuud rocks and been using it happily for 2 weeks with no issues what so ever.

mitigator

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2012
Got the Fre for FREE from AT&T and absolutely hated it for daily use. It lasted about 1 hour on my phone. The nuud rocks and been using it happily for 2 weeks with no issues what so ever.

On the Nuud how do you prevent the screen on an i phone from being accidentally scratched or is this even a problem?

faiz23

macrumors 6502
Oct 8, 2010
On the Nuud how do you prevent the screen on an i phone from being accidentally scratched or is this even a problem?

I have square trade insurance so I could care less if the phone gets exposed to water or scratched up. I still use the screen protector to help it in case of drops and my son using it heavily. Either way more than likely before the end of 2 years I will be using the insurance at the genius bar to get a fresh replacement and have square reimburse me for the cost.

SMELTN

macrumors regular
Apr 6, 2010
so I just got an email saying the Fre is available for iPhone 5s now, but no Nuud?

BrettDS

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2012
Orlando
so I just got an email saying the Fre is available for iPhone 5s now, but no Nuud?

I got the same email. I'm still pretty happy with my iPhone 5 Nuud case with my 5S, but touch ID would certainly be nice. I'm just not sure I'm ready to go back to the Fre with a screen protector just to get touch ID. I think I'll hold out a little while longer for a 5S Nuud.

Brett

Recoil Rob

macrumors newbie
Apr 29, 2012
Just an FYI, I just installed a MIME featherweight .015mm glass screen protector on my 5c and then put a Nuud case on. Works fine, better screen sensitivity than my old plastic screen protector. Only thing to be careful of is when putting the phone into the front of the case, angle it in and push towards the bottom before lowering the top down. If you are not careful the gasket that seals along the bottom of the screen can roll. I did it a second time and got a perfect seal when I snapped the back on.
So, a full glass screen protector in a Nuud case. Added a Lifejacket and going fishing with music tomorrow!

hrussel6

macrumors newbie
Jun 13, 2014
screen protector

The nuud just comes with the plastic screen protector which still scratches easily so I think people are deterred from the case for that reason. Not using any protection on the glass was too scary for me!! I found a glass screen protector at Teqii.com that fits right into the opening of the nuud case so it doesn't interfere with the seal on the case at all. So far, so good!! :)

nateo200

macrumors 68030
Feb 4, 2009
Upstate NY
The nuud just comes with the plastic screen protector which still scratches easily so I think people are deterred from the case for that reason. Not using any protection on the glass was too scary for me!! I found a glass screen protector at Teqii.com that fits right into the opening of the nuud case so it doesn't interfere with the seal on the case at all. So far, so good!! :)

That would still freak me out! I have the Fre and I find the screen protector to be non-invasive. I would certainly like to try the Nuud out....just not on my iPhone just to be safe at first :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.