Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Eraserhead

macrumors G4
Nov 3, 2005
UK
I said that. I think the Supreme Court found those incorrectly.

If the Supreme court came to a different conclusion from your conclusion (which I agree is sensible) then the wording is ambiguous isn't it?

17-45 covers all American males regardless of state.

Fair enough.

or that it's only a militia right.

That is certainly ambiguous.

Yes, but those restrictions were not legal.

They were certainly found to be legal by the supreme court at one point - and another amendment had to be passed to get rid of them for good.

----------

I'm interested in the systemic corruption in the judicial branch to which you refer.

I presume he's referring to the NSA's surveillance which is clearly unconstitutional as per the fourth amendment.

zync

macrumors 68000
Sep 8, 2003
Tampa, FL
If the Supreme court came to a different conclusion from your conclusion (which I agree is sensible) then the wording is ambiguous isn't it?

They don't try cases simply on wording. Since they have the last word, they can really make whatever decision they'd like.

That is certainly ambiguous.

I disagree. They're independent clauses.

They were certainly found to be legal by the supreme court at one point - and another amendment had to be passed to get rid of them for good.

True. There was also a lot of ambiguity in how the laws existed and how they were applied in that time period, which was what I meant.

jimthing

macrumors 68000
Apr 6, 2011
UK perspective, some parts of it may be of interest:

"BBC HardTalk: Sir Malcolm Rifkind MP - Chairman - Intelligence and Security Committee UK (15/10/13)"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqkZN8dmflM

Rifkind makes some interesting points in relation to Snowden and press releases, along with some deeper perspective to global security issues in relation to the role of modern intelligence agencies.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.