Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
No emails and tonite marks one week without for me.

Thanks for looking into this.

Are you not seeing emails, even in the spam folder? I looked at our logs, we are sending you emails. So if they are disappearing, they are disappearing on the Gmail side.

arn

lelisa13p

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2009
Atlanta, GA USA
Are you not seeing emails, even in the spam folder? I looked at our logs, we are sending you emails. So if they are disappearing, they are disappearing on the Gmail side.

arn

The last emails that I received were dated Wed, Sep 18, 2013 at 12:05 AM. There is nothing in my Spam filter, I'm not doing anything differently and as I said earlier, I even spent an hour last weekend Unsubscribing & then Subscribing again to all of the forums that previously were being updated. I added the email address from the last group of updates to Contacts in case that had become a factor, although there was no indication of that. Additionally, no instant updates for any threads are coming, either. I only know about replies by visiting User CP here.

There were no signs of trouble other than the emails abruptly stopped. That was also the date of iOS 7 general release (coincidence) although I know that means nothing. It just helped to fix the date in my memory. I routinely save each days emails until the new batch is delivered and then delete the older emails. Thus I still have the batch dated Sept. 18th.

I'm at a loss as to what comes next.

lelisa13p

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2009
Atlanta, GA USA
OMG! Someone opened a floodgate and all the emails from Sept 19 thru tonite's midnite emails all just landed with a huge thud in my Inbox. :eek: :D

I don't know what happened; I didn't do anything different and I'm simultaneously shocked & delighted. :)

This is good. The train's back on the tracks and hopefully that's where it will stay. Thanks for checking the forum end of things for me. Maybe you jiggled something loose. ;)

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
OMG! Someone opened a floodgate and all the emails from Sept 19 thru tonite's midnite emails all just landed with a huge thud in my Inbox. :eek: :D

I don't know what happened; I didn't do anything different and I'm simultaneously shocked & delighted. :)

This is good. The train's back on the tracks and hopefully that's where it will stay. Thanks for checking the forum end of things for me. Maybe you jiggled something loose. ;)

Not sure how that could have happened :) But glad it's fixed.

arn

Suspended
Jul 11, 2006
Somewhere
Not sure how that could have happened :) But glad it's fixed.

arn

Doesn't seem to be fully fixed, I had forgotten my password and tried to log on today. The emails to reset my password got redirected to spam which was quite annoying.

lelisa13p

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2009
Atlanta, GA USA
Trouble is back. My last received Daily Updates emails are dated 2013/10/20. Checked all spam filters and found nothing. No changes made between Sunday 12:04 AM and today at the same time.

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
Trouble is back. My last received Daily Updates emails are dated 2013/10/20. Checked all spam filters and found nothing. No changes made between Sunday 12:04 AM and today at the same time.

Your problem was always different than the spam-filter issue. Since your emails eventually showed up in one big pile.

Not sure it's something we have control over.

arn

lelisa13p

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2009
Atlanta, GA USA
Usually it's nice to be special :) , but not always. :(

Will see if post-midnite tonite brings different results.

UPDATE: Today's (2013/10/22) emails have arrived at 12:05 AM. Those for 2013/10/21 have not turned up. Oh, well; I'll consider that day a hiccup.

UPDATED UPDATE: Nothing for 2013/10/23. :(

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.