Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fivedots

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2011
Hi folks,
Any word at all on Aperture getting a refresh? Its been a very long time for version3! Curious.

Fingers crossed for next Tuesday. Based on nothing, of course.

Logic and Final Cut have both received major updates; Aperture is all that remains. Aperture also includes maps, so launching a refresh alongside Mavericks (which brings Apple Maps to the desktop) only makes sense.

Bear

macrumors G3
Jul 23, 2002
Sol III - Terra
Hi folks,
Any word at all on Aperture getting a refresh? Its been a very long time for version3! Curious.
At the very least we're going to get a patch to Aperture with Mavericks.

Yes, it's been a long time for Version 3, however, they have added new features with patches. I don't care what the version number is, I do care that they add new features.

jacg

macrumors 6502a
Jan 16, 2003
UK
Companion iPad app? I would love to see an app that could import, rate, edit, crop, etc then transfer these changes over iCloud to full res Raw files in Aperture. I'm sure there's an elegant way that could be done.

one09jason

macrumors newbie
Feb 9, 2006
Did anyone notice that during the Keynote, Phil Shiller says (at 34:30):

[we've got (mumbled)] "a new version of Aperture that is designed to take advantage of the throughput of this incredible Mac Pro"

What does a "new version" mean?

jacg

macrumors 6502a
Jan 16, 2003
UK
Did anyone notice that during the Keynote, Phil Shiller says (at 34:30):

[we've got (mumbled)] "a new version of Aperture that is designed to take advantage of the throughput of this incredible Mac Pro"

What does a "new version" mean?

Tweaked v3 or a revamped v4 I guess. Maybe we won't see any changes to Aperture until December.

I wonder if MAS buyers of v3 will get a free update to a major revamp of Aperture? Was Logic Pro 9 in the MAS and did buyers of that get a free update to Logic Pro X?

canyonblue737

macrumors 68020
Jan 10, 2005
But a quick screen shot from the announcement of the photographer using Aperture with a new Mac Pro shows a brand new UI for Aperture that does NOT match today's release of Aperture 3.5! i still think a smaller announcement of a 4k monitor from Apple and a new Aperture is coming prior to release of the Pro in December.

canyonblue737

macrumors 68020
Jan 10, 2005
Has Aperture ever gotten its own event before? I honestly don't remember. I can see silent updates coming...

Isn't there a photography conference next month? I think Apple has announced things like Aperture, Final Cut etc. at such events? I didn't mean to suggest they would have a keynote just for Aperture but may be targeting the announcement at a conference filled with folks that want Pro apps.

Old Muley

macrumors 6502a
Jan 6, 2009
Titletown USA
Yeah, I see the 3.5 update went up later on this afternoon. It wasn't entirely clear from the presentation and discussion if an update was going to be forthcoming, or if it might wait until the rollout of the Mac Pro.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.