Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

psonice

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2005
Thanks for update, Psonice!
Btw, do you think iPhone 5s cam is much better than iPhone 5 cam?

Well.. this is kind of a tough one! In general, yes, it's much better. For low light shooting, it's a mixed bag. I've actually written a blog article about it, after doing some tests: http://interealtime.com/low-light-photography-and-the-iphone-5s/

But, in short: in very low light, the 5 (or 5c) is better, because the 5s only goes to 1/2 second exposure and the 5 manages 1 second, plus the 5 has the High ISO mode and the 5s doesn't.

If you're not pushing the limits though, the 5s is more sensitive, meaning faster exposures (less chance of blurring and faster focusing) and less noise. And the lack of High ISO mode means you might get a little more noise, but you get more detail.

Menneisyys2

macrumors 603
Jun 7, 2011

Orka

macrumors regular
Dec 24, 2012
Moscow, Russia
I purchased NightCap Pro (it said there is discount for it till april 30) and so far i like it.
Should i now deinstall NightCap since i have pro version?

One thing though, I think in video mode there should be a counter so you could see that it's working and it's in video mode.

Also, there are no tumbnail previews for some videos in cameraroll, is this normal?

Also sometimes videos freeze only sound is heard.

I use iPhone 5.

It closed two times itself while i was testing video.

Last edited:

lokerd

macrumors 6502a
May 2, 2010
Beaumont
Not sure when, but NightCap has gotten really buggy. And, I just had to delete it to unfreeze my built in camera. I am still on an iPhone 4s and still really favored NightCap, but a few months ago, it stopped working reliably, and this most recently, it just won't work at all. Anybody else having problems? Any updates coming soon??

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.