Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple debuted a number of videos at its special event yesterday and it has now posted a number of them on YouTube.

Before introducing the company's newest iPads, Tim Cook ran this 'Life on iPad' spot "to celebrate our customer's creativity and genius in using their iPads." The two-minute film shows the iPad being used in a wide variety of different situations, including in a surgery suite, by musicians, firefighters, tourists, football players, and many more.

We've posted the last film, about the production process behind the Mac Pro, in a separate article that more closely examines the process.

[Update]: As pointed out by Mashable, the narrating voice of the "Pencil" TV ad for the iPad Air is none other than Breaking Bad star Bryan Cranston.

Article Link: Apple Posts iPad Air Introduction, Life on iPad, and 'Pencil' TV Ad Videos

Supertecnoboff

macrumors member
Oct 4, 2011
UK
Lovely adverts, I particularly like the very last scene from the first advert where the guy is in a tent on the mountain, lovely shot :)

Sky Blue

Jan 8, 2005
Is that Bryan Cranston's voice in the iPad commercial? Sure sounds a lot like him.

youre-goddamn-right-gif.gif

AppleMooseMan

macrumors regular
Sep 11, 2012
Apple getting back to where they need to be.
Making great products and creative commercials.
2013 has been a fantastic year for them, despite the inanity from the naysayers.
I have an ikling 2014 is going to be even better.

tann

macrumors 68000
Apr 15, 2010
UK
Absolutely love the advert!! My favourite one of the last few years for sure!

MacFan782040

macrumors 65816
Dec 1, 2003
I'm liking these 1:00 commercials rather than traditional :30 seconds. Might cost more, but they leave a longer lasting impact.

Squilly

macrumors 68020
Nov 17, 2012
PA
I loved the pencil ad. Didn't expect the ending but the creativity behind it was brilliant.

postpc

macrumors regular
Sep 3, 2013
Germany
if I have to watch one more Jony Ive Scientology style head tilt brainwash video I'm going to have to throw up

Jimrod

macrumors 65816
Jun 24, 2010
Pencil ad is cool, iPad Air name is not. Especially when there is a smaller, ligher iPad available. I think "iPad" was a perfectly decent, gimmick-free name as it was.

KALLT

macrumors 603
Sep 23, 2008
The pencil ad is very good, until they announce the iPad's name. Still think iPad Air is too cliché, even for Apple.

I love the background theme in this ad. Does anyone know where I can find similar music though?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.