Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cstokich

macrumors newbie
Jul 19, 2013
Issues with Controller Install List.

When I try to install the controller lists with the InstallControllerList, I'm greeted with this prompt:

"The action 'Copy Finder Items' encountered a problem. Check the actions properties and try running the workflow again."

What is the issue, and how do I resolve it? Thanks.

sra4ever

macrumors newbie
Jul 17, 2013
When I try to install the controller lists with the InstallControllerList, I'm greeted with this prompt:

"The action 'Copy Finder Items' encountered a problem. Check the actions properties and try running the workflow again."

What is the issue, and how do I resolve it? Thanks.

I go to this point and the video he posted on youtube got me to this point and someone from youtube said you need to move the controller list to the download folder, then open the installer and open the controller list within the installer and it should work.

adelewen

macrumors newbie
Jul 13, 2013
By default the drivers only support the official pads. Your pad can be used on the Mac but requires the use of a third party driver and update script.

Below are some instructions you can follow if you would like try and get your 3rd party device working on the Mac.

1. Install the 0.11 tattiebogle drivers.
http://tattiebogle.net/index.php/ProjectRoot/Xbox360Controller/OsxDriver
2. Download and run the extra pad suppport script.
http://support.feralinteractive.com/files/general/Xbox360DriverExtraPadSupport.command.zip
3. Reboot your mac and plug your gamepad into your Mac
4. Check if the pad is picked up by the drivers. You can do this in system preferences in the "Xbox 360 Controllers" button in the "Other" section of the window.

So I followed this process and was disappointed that it didn't work. Here's the issue... while it "disappears" after I plug in, the computer still registers it's there. It has the bug where if you unplug it the computer resets. The ONLY way I have found to make it work is to plug it in, then restart. My computer will always tell me it restarted because of an error and acts like it had crashed instead of me telling it to restart. The controller HAS to be plugged in before the computer restarts or it won't show up. When the restart has occurred with the controller plugs in, it now shows up as properly connected in the preferences pane. All the buttons work and everything.

I really, really wish there was a way to do this without having to restart my computer just to make it work. It doesn't seem like a big deal but I use the controller for my desktop AND my laptop so I have to reset every time I move the controller to a different computer for various games.

If anyone figures out how to fix this, let me know. Otherwise, if you're still having the same issue I was having before, just try restarting with the controller plugged in and see if that works as a temp fix for you.

ParagonSloth

macrumors newbie
Aug 24, 2011
Hey guys I followed all instructions on one of the first posts to get my computer to recognize my Afterglow controller. Everything went smoothly except when I run Borderlands 2, it won't recognize it. My computer still does, but the game doesn't. Just for clarification, I am NOT using Steam, I'm just running the BL2 app from the App Store. Anyone have any suggestions?

dalinian

macrumors newbie
Aug 29, 2010
Success: Works for Afterglow AX.1 with OS X 10.9.1 Mavericks

Hey Fraaaa,

Thanks sooo much for all the careful attention to detail you invested in your text+video tutorial. Two years plus a day later, I can happily confirm that this method (including all its download links) worked perfectly first time on my 2009 vintage MacBook Pro, with these parameters:

• Gamepad: Afterglow AX.1 Wired XBOX 360 Controller
  • OS X: 10.9.1 Mavericks
  • Game: ‘Deus Ex: Human Revolution’ v1.0.1
Blessings of Ceiling Cat and the FSM be upon you now and forever more, Fraaaa! :D

Peace-&-Love,

Dalinian

Deepnorth81

macrumors newbie
May 5, 2014
Fraaaa,

Awesome tutorial. It worked in configuring my Afterglow controller for use with OS X 10.6.8. Yours was the only complete tutorial on the net that I could find (better than the youtube videos).

Cheers

insane79

macrumors 6502
Aug 20, 2008
Worked flawlessly with version 0.08 and the instructions you provided. I'm using the Razer Sabertooth and it now works! Now I can see if I can play some games via OpenEmu!

Thats sweet, do you get vibration support in games with this gamepad?

Thanks..

noreception

macrumors newbie
Nov 7, 2014
9. Open the Controller List file with a text editor and you look for <key>Controller</key> or look for other key tag that contains your device name, is irrelevant, but I edited under <key>PDPAfterglow</key> just because I have the Afterglow controller.

Can anyone explain this to me in a clearer fashion? When I open the Controller list in text editor I can see tonnes of references to 360XBOXCONTROLLER, I can't seem to figure out where I am supposed to input the Product and Vendor ID.

Can someone help? loosing my mind..

dylanbigdaddy

macrumors newbie
Dec 5, 2014
Yosemite Support?

So I had this working a few months ago. I tried using my Afterglow AX.1 and nothing. So I tried reinstalling with the instructions above and nothing, just "no devices found".

Could it be that upgrading to Yosemite has done this?

edddeduck

macrumors 68020
Mar 26, 2004
So I had this working a few months ago. I tried using my Afterglow AX.1 and nothing. So I tried reinstalling with the instructions above and nothing, just "no devices found".

Could it be that upgrading to Yosemite has done this?

Yes, Yosemite has a number of issues compared to Mavericks. The 0.11 works but I don't know about the injection script I wrote.

arctic

macrumors 6502a
Jun 18, 2008
I didn't have problems with Mavericks but after updating to Yosemite, the controller stopped working. Here's what I did.

Make sure you have the latest Tattiebogle driver installed. This is for Microsoft's XBOx generic 360 wired controller. Sorry, don't have other branded controllers.

Open Terminal.

Paste this:

sudo nvram boot-args="kext-dev-mode=1"

Press Return and it will ask you for your administrator password. After typing in your Password, press Return. Close Terminal.

Your controller won't work yet. Make sure your controller is attached, restart your computer.

Should be working now. To double check, click the Tattieboggle controller icon in your System Preferences.

Although this is fine for me, it's not perfect. I noticed that after playing a game and detaching my controller, if I attach it again later, the controller is not recognized. I have to restart the Mac again in order to get it working. Oh well, better than nothing. :)

scientistabe

macrumors newbie
Dec 14, 2014
Hi everyone,
New to the discussion board :). Followed the instructions and everything works great for me :) (after trying other methods).
Thanks for the installation protocol :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.