Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

utahman130

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 7, 2012
iTunes could not connect to this iPhone. Could not establish a secure connection to this device.

This error pops up every time I try to connect my jailbroken 3GS 5.1.1 untethered to my iTunes. iTunes is updated. Tried restarting, rebooting iPhone, restarting computer, different cord, different USB port. Nothing. Can someone help me with fixing this.

Thanks in advance!

----------
Sorry I forgot to update this post. Being that the iMac was the only computer I had, I just restored, rejailbroke, and it synced again.

Last edited:

djrobsd

macrumors 6502a
May 2, 2008
why does this say resolved? There is no solution posted here, so how can this be resolved?

I am also having the same issue on my iPhone 4, 32 gig, since upgrading to the new Retina MacBook Pro. I used Time Machine to backup and restore my old MacBook Pro (also running Lion)... And that's when my iPhone would no longer communicate.. HELP!!!

Maccleduff

macrumors regular
Jun 26, 2007
Bit the bullet and did a backup on another Mac, which I then copied over to my own Mac. Then put iphone in DFU mode did a restore as new device in iTunes. Then restored from backup and everything works again!

labman

macrumors 604
Jun 9, 2009
Mich near Detroit
I believe post #4 was the solution it almost always is. Would have been nice though if TS said exactly what he did rather then saying resolved. Those having issues try what dhlizard said.

lambrosn

macrumors newbie
Jun 18, 2012
ATHENS, GREECE
ipad 3 can not connect to tunes

here the same guys

ipad 3 with new retina macbook pro can not connect

the same message , could not establish secure connection.

tried the time tried to restore to factory settings but nothing.

any solution please?

FilmNoirFan

macrumors newbie
Sep 29, 2012
I have an iPod Touch. Taking #4 into consideration, I blew into the space on the iPod where the USB connects to in case there was dust in there (like we used to do with Nintendo 64 cartridges). Voila! It worked. That was all I needed to do.

chr1s60

macrumors 68020
Jul 24, 2007
California
I was having a similar issue with my iPhone 4 and my iPhone 5. I found this thread...

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1747?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

I did everything it tells you to except for the whole throw iTunes into the trash. I deleted the files, restarted, emptied the trash, restarted, and then downloaded iTunes again and just went through the normal overwrite install.

Hope this will help some of you. It should also be noted that though the title of the support article is for Snow Leopard, I am on 10.8.2 and it worked fine.

benxine

macrumors newbie
Oct 24, 2013
how to solve Cannot allocate a resource error!!!

HOW TO FIX CANNOT ALLOCATE A RESOURCE ERROR!!!
I found a fix that worked for me after failing with all the others:
IF your computer has an old cydia app called Wi-Fi Sync (you'll recognize it on your toolbar as a black silhouette of an iphone that NEVER goes away), then this is probably your main culprit. Simple fix.

1. Goto your hard drive in the finder
2. Goto Library
3. Goto Launch Daemons
4. Throw this in the trash: com.ghughes.wifisync.root.plist
5. Goto Library
6. Goto Application Support
7. Throw this in the trash: Wi-Fi Sync (it's an entire folder).
8. Restart.
9. Thank me.

Peace and Love, Peace and LOVE!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.