Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Six-second video app Vine was updated to version 1.4 today, adding two new features: Sessions and Time Travel. Both of these features are designed to allow more control over the video capturing and editing process, with Sessions permitting users to save drafts of videos and Time Travel adding enhanced video editing options.

Sessions allows for up to 10 posts to be saved for later, while Time Travel can be used to remove, reorganize, and replace shots within posts, fixing potential mistakes. Previously, Vine only allowed users to work on one video at a time, and editing content was not possible.

vine.jpg
We've made some incredibly powerful additions to the Vine camera.

Sessions -- Save any post and come back to it later by tapping the new icon in the bottom right corner of your camera. You can maintain up to 10 open sessions at any time.

Time Travel -- Remove, reorganize, or replace any shot at any time. Just tap the green bar while you're shooting or "Edit" while you're previewing.
Vine can be downloaded from the App Store for free. [Direct Link]

Article Link: Vine Updated With Video Editing Options, Draft Saving

Xenomorph

macrumors 65816
Aug 6, 2008
St. Louis
I'm surprised this has lasted since instagram video came out

Instagram does video? Do they have an app for it? What site? Does it work like Vine?

Vine has been slowly getting more and more popular. Tosh.0 is showing Vine videos almost every week, and I keep seeing "best of Vine" videos show up on YouTube.

It's very short attention span friendly. It's like channel surfing. Just a rapid-fire of 6-second clips over and over.

Shellbo6901

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2009
FL
Drafts - FINALLY!

That one has annoyed me more than any other. "Oh, no internet now - YOU LOSE YOUR VIDEO!"

yes, and sometimes it would just save them, but then a few would go through and a few would not.

NOW if they could only get rid of more of the spam. Getting 40-50 every day for a week is annoying

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.