Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

anarti

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 28, 2012
Scotland
when I start Word I get the crash report window straight away without even getting into the application.

hubbb

macrumors newbie
Oct 23, 2013
I have a same problem.
I was trying to reinstall Office, move normal.dotm, make some order with fonts
Nothing works so far. Any ideas?

Last edited:

anarti

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 28, 2012
Scotland
I'm not using english version of the office, from what it looks like, english works fine.....

nohoch

macrumors member
Oct 17, 2011
I downloaded yesterday and then pumped out an 8 page report, graphs and such for school with word open and made multiple documents importing from excel to word and the normal stuff, Never shut down on me once.. Used for a good 5 hours open.

anarti

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 28, 2012
Scotland
To fix this problem, if someone has Office in other language than English, you should right click on word.app in Applications folder ->Show package content -> Contents->Resources-> change folder name from XX.lproj to en.enproj where XX is your country code.

It works!

Deguello

macrumors 65816
Jun 29, 2008
Texas
My English versions of Word and Excel (and Outlook and Powerpoint) don't crash. I am using 14.3.8.

meredithcr

macrumors newbie
Oct 29, 2013
ALL of my Office 2011 crashes

Safari: fine
Acrobat: fine
Word, Excel & Powerpoint: not so much and since i'm at work, it's making my life miserable.

Thanks so much Apple.

ultraspiracle

macrumors member
Sep 21, 2012
PPT and XLS are fine, although Word crashes nearly every time upon shutdown if you're editing a heavy track-changes document. That's what we do for a living in science, and it's very annoying! Wish Pages and Keynote would become more adopted by people so we can quit using MS Office altogether. Future versions will get no better, IMO.

fredou

macrumors newbie
May 21, 2011
office in french here. I had it crashing at every opening... Even if it was updated to the latest version from AutoUpdate. I Downloaded instead the update again 14.3.8 from the website : http://www.microsoft.com/mac/downloads applied it over my current version and it fixed the problem... No more crashing.

Worth to try to the ones who have it crashing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.