Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Doctor Q

Administrator
Original poster
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
The Apple TV and Home Theater forum covers Apple's Apple TV product and its software and uses, other home theater equipment, media centers, and the broad topic of home theater.

Where there is overlap with other forums (e.g., the Digital Video forum, the Digital Audio forum, and forums dedicated to specific Mac models), it is up to the thread starter to choose the forum most appropriate for a given thread. You can also use the Mac Basics and Help forum when you need help with any kind of problem and can't decide what forum to use.

Threads for posting photos, even for home theater, should be in the Picture Gallery forum, where the focus is on sharing (or showing off) images rather than discussing functionality and problem-solving.

skydog

macrumors newbie
Sep 27, 2008
Great. Lets expand on the whole media server concept. Likes and dislikes with different ways to reach the same end result as the apple tv.

ingridseynhaeve

macrumors newbie
Sep 1, 2009
Re: About the Apple TV and Home Theater forum

Hi Doctor Q,

Your post provided the information about Apple TV and Home theater.
I like to know more about it. So, that I can tell to my friends about it.
Can you give the information related to its features, advantages and disadvantages over other TV and Home theater products? :confused:

Doctor Q

Administrator
Original poster
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
Can you give the information related to its features, advantages and disadvantages over other TV and Home theater products? :confused:
No, but this forum is the place for members to discuss such topics. You can look though this forum for threads about the advantages and disadvantages of the Apple TV, or create a new thread to ask specific questions.

Bye Bye Baby

macrumors 65816
Sep 15, 2004
i(am in the)cloud
The Apple TV and Home Theater forum covers Apple's Apple TV product and its software and uses, other home theater equipment, media centers, and the broad topic of home theater.

Where there is overlap with other forums (e.g., the Digital Video forum, the Digital Audio forum, and forums dedicated to specific Mac models), it is up to the thread starter to choose the forum most appropriate for a given thread. You can also use the Mac Basics and Help forum when you need help with any kind of problem and can't decide what forum to use.

Threads for posting photos, even for home theater, should be in the Picture Gallery forum, where the focus is on sharing (or showing off) images rather than discussing functionality and problem-solving.

Dude seriously too many rules. You need to simplify this. End user experience not geek dreaming up things to do. This is Macrumors not Windowsrumors.

Doctor Q

Administrator
Original poster
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
Dude seriously too many rules. You need to simplify this. End user experience not geek dreaming up things to do. This is Macrumors not Windowsrumors.
Don't worry; those are just guidelines (not rules) for where to post since we have lots of forums and some people want to know where to post.

You are right that simpler is nicer so here's a simpler guideline: post a thread in the forum you'd look in if you wanted to find a similar thread.

Bye Bye Baby

macrumors 65816
Sep 15, 2004
i(am in the)cloud
Don't worry; those are just guidelines (not rules) for where to post since we have lots of forums and some people want to know where to post.

You are right that simpler is nicer so here's a simpler guideline: post a thread in the forum you'd look in if you wanted to find a similar thread.

Now you're talking.

maturola

macrumors 68040
Oct 29, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Have you guys discussed to maybe make a subForum for AppleTv Hack? where we can focus all the Jailbreaking/Haking thread? I think it will be good (just as it is on the iPhone/iPad SubForums.

Just putting out there. :D

tido2012

macrumors regular
Jul 20, 2010
So I recently purchased Hulu plus and tried to AirPlay it from my phone to the Apple Tv but it didn't work. Has anyone figured a way around this, I'm willing to jailbreak the ATV if it fixes it. So far I am using my PS3 and which is working so its not bad, but I was just hoping this would work on the ATV.

adddictedtomac

macrumors regular
Mar 8, 2012
Great. Lets expand on the whole media server concept. Likes and dislikes with different ways to reach the same end result as the apple tv.

I have been using a Mac mini as a server, with all my music/movies/photos saved in an external 1TB HD. It took some time to collect all that in the drive via iTunes but in the end it was well worth the effort as now I do not have to spend time looking for my movies/music etc., as I can quickly find them on any of my Apple TVs (have 3 in the house). I can also have my music redirected to my Airport Extreme in my Living room!

Love this setup and I recommend it.

Here is a short quick video on how to redirect your music:-

http://youtu.be/npchJsAic_g

blanka

macrumors 68000
Jul 30, 2012
Maybe it is time to make a seperate AppleTV fork of this forum section, as it is one of the most crowded ones.

ekiro

macrumors regular
Oct 25, 2013

When can I expect to install a 65-inch iTV in my bathroom with wireless surround sound speakers?

jeuxdemoto12

macrumors newbie
Oct 27, 2013
Has anyone figured a way around this, I'm willing to jailbreak the ATV if it fixes it.....................

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.