Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SilentPanda

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Oct 8, 2002
The Bamboo Forest
http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/music-arts/jonas-brothers-article-1.1499869

The Jonas Brothers have officially pulled the plug on their family band.

Weeks after canceling their 19-city tour in early October, the trio confirmed to People magazine that they have "unanimously" agreed to call it quits.

"It's over for now," Kevin Jonas, 25, told the magazine.

Initial reports suggested the brothers were fighting, and that Joe Jonas, 24, had an issue with substance abuse — but both claims appear to be false. Instead, the brothers are on good terms, and are working on solo projects.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Oh wait... I don't know anything about them except they're a boy band of some sort.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Knowing most of you who have posted here, I am inclined to suspect that the expressions of grief might, perhaps, be a little, ah, excessively expressed...

Therefore, it is high time for me to learn my fresh fact for the day, and, clearly, my almost complete lack of knowledge of modern US popular is most lamentable.

Who are these guys? And what is it that makes them of importance - musical merit, or popular demand?

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
Knowing most of you who have posted here, I am inclined to suspect that the expressions of grief might, perhaps, be a little, ah, excessively expressed...

Therefore, it is high time for me to learn my fresh fact for the day, and, clearly, my almost complete lack of knowledge of modern US popular is most lamentable.

Who are these guys? And what is it that makes them of importance - musical merit, or popular demand?

Aah...how to say this politely...

They are a somewhat androgynous looking "boy band", a corporate creation with no discernible talent, geared to appeal to the pre-teen and 'tween demographic.

They are of no importance musically, or in any other way that I can discern.

In the service of full disclosure...I have only seen small segments (very small segments) of two videos. Don't ask why...it's too embarrassing.:eek:

Just one man's fairly uninformed opinion, of course...;)

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Aah...how to say this politely...

They are a somewhat androgynous looking "boy band", a corporate creation with no discernible talent, geared to appeal to the pre-teen and 'tween demographic.

They are of no importance musically, or in any other way that I can discern.

In the service of full disclosure...I have only seen small segments (very small segments) of two videos. Don't ask why...it's too embarrassing.:eek:

Just one man's fairly uninformed opinion, of course...;)

I thank you, my friend for your swift answer and for putting me out of my misery.

Some gaps in my knowledge are excusable, some will be defended to my grave, - even I, one of life's confirmed apple eaters, cannot see a reason to wish to know everything - while, yes, some such gaps very much need filling.

I think I can conclude that this is not one of those gaps which needs assiduous attention.

An embarrassing disclosure of my own: Years ago, when I had first started teaching politics, one of my students produced an extraordinarily original essay which referenced Darth Vadar as an example of questionable leadership and betrayed principles (among other matters).

My problem was that while I knew this was a brilliant and original essay (and it was brilliant), I didn't know who Darth Vadar was. This was one of those gaps which - I later realised - badly needed filling. Quite candidly, I doubted whether the faculty would have been of much assistance, so instead, questioned my brother, who duly enlightened me. Some lapses re popular culture are deemed less excusable than others.....

roadbloc

macrumors G3
Aug 24, 2009
UK
Kbai to another talentless teenie-bopper band. Easy come, easy go, as they always will be.

kokako

macrumors regular
Feb 23, 2011
Man that's a loss, I loved the song they did in the Demi (pronounced Dee-Me) Moore film Ghost.

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
Using my finely tuned interpretive skills, refined over 42 years of professional practice, I feel I can say with some assurance (remember, I speak as a professional!) that nobody here gives a crap about the Jonas Brothers.

I could be wrong...but my instincts seldom fail me!

:p

AustinIllini

macrumors G5
Oct 20, 2011
Austin, TX
ron-paul.gif

I'm probably a little too excited about this.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.