Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Giuly

macrumors 68040
5c4PQ7B.jpg
A zoom in of the statues on the front of the building.

If you'd have moved just a little to the left, then I wouldn't had to search for "Amicus certus in re incerta cernitur".
("The certain friend is sighted in uncertain matter")

Last edited:

RichardOwens

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2011
Photo Ban On Apple Store Project

Apparently photographers will find themselves banned for taking photos of the Apple Store Project

Simplybetter

macrumors member
Jun 11, 2013
Australia
Finally!

This new Apple store would probably kill the store within a store Apple have in Myer, in the Myer Centre, and any resellers if they still exist. The last reseller I knew in Brisbane shut up shop a long time ago. I wonder how the other stores that sell Apple products too will fare after the Apple store is finished?

Brisbane defo needs the Apple store though. Just yesterday in Brisbane I took photos of so much Apple advertising in Brisbane. Mostly for the iPad. Everywhere, billboards, signs, posters, etc etc. Apple is really pushing hard that way. And having the Apple store, using the advertising to . . . well in a way direct the customers indirectly to the soon to be opened Apple store I think is the way to go.

Does the outside of the building look any different when I saw it yesterday? Not really. There could be work done on the interior in secret, but I don't think so. I don't think Apple have started on the final work for the store yet. But hopefully soon they will.

Haha there is a little Nextbyte store on Adelaide street, it will be slaughtered.

the8thark

macrumors 601
Apr 18, 2011
Apparently photographers will find themselves banned for taking photos of the Apple Store Project
I've never heard about this, but knowing Apple I would not be surprised.
Haha there is a little Nextbyte store on Adelaide street, it will be slaughtered.
Yes it will be unfortunately. I have been past there occasionally.

Hope we can get a date on the store opening soon. I'm sure those of us who can be there for it, want to be there.

Last edited:

RichardOwens

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2011
I've never heard about this, but knowing Apple I would not be surprised.

Apparently the Builder not Apple

Yes it will be unfortunately. I have been past there occasionally.

Hope we can get a date on the store opening soon. I'm sure those of us who can be there for it, want to be there.

If the Build is not at practical completion by 30 November, it will Xmas shopping season.

The Retailers would like the mess and construction gone by then or it will be after the school holidays, in February, which is going to be major wet month this year.

If you are going for photos, move in, quick, get them and get out before anyone is the wiser.

Be aware there is one person at least on the site that will respond, perhaps unpleasantly.

Certainly do not go out of your way to annoy.

HarrisF

macrumors newbie
Oct 21, 2013
Lets just hope that their store will open soon and that no problem will arise anymore.

LorenK

macrumors 6502
Dec 26, 2007
Illinois
Nothing to recommend the building from an architectural standpoint. Given the fortress like exterior, it is a surprise that Apple chose it as a store location.

RichardOwens

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2011
Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.