Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mokeiko

macrumors 6502
Jul 19, 2007
As arkitect noted, you can insert text, with or without the bubbles, using Photogene.

mokeiko

iFanaddic

macrumors 6502a
Sep 24, 2008
Montréal, Canada
fail maker was designed to write fail! or pwn! on your own pictures but it also allows you to create you own message, there is also stick it which is cool it allows you to be very creative. but it's 99cents.

the 2 screenshots with the grocery list on them are from stick it

and the one that says fail on it us obviously from fail maker

Attachments

• screen-capture.png
    screen-capture.png
    249.5 KB · Views: 766
  • screen-capture-1.png
    screen-capture-1.png
    242.5 KB · Views: 684
  • screen-capture-2.png
    screen-capture-2.png
    217.8 KB · Views: 1,008

mark34

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2006
IfFoundPlus is a great app to write on pics for your home screen or other uses. Can add your phone number to your home screen picture. Simple but essential.

SHirsch999

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2011
Any new applications out that allow you to write on photo for iPhone or iPad?

I know penultimate will allow you to handwrite on a photo, but not type. I believe notability is the same way with handwriting, but it may also allow you to type. I am sure there are others but these are the ones I know of off hand. Of course these are iPad only. I am not sure about iPhone apps.

AlanAsound

macrumors newbie
Apr 1, 2012
Glow Draw

I was looking for the same and I found even more: Glow draw!
Not only can you draw and it glows, but you can draw on pictures, and it glows!!
Love it! ;)

MEJHarrison

macrumors 68000
Feb 2, 2009
Photogene is of course a great app. But if you really are interested in writing on photos, check out ScribeIt! You can choose your color, font (there are tons), shadow, alpha & font size. It's quite powerful. Way more powerful that Photogene. I know, I have both (including the newer Photogene).

PulseLA

macrumors newbie
Oct 27, 2012
Los Angeles!
Photogene

Photogene has so many features, I can't imagine using them all. Their sharing is very slick and the UI is very good.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.