Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AppdIT

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 13, 2012
Greetings my fellow apple geeks.

I am currently looking for a solution to bind about 200 apple computers to our open directory. At the moment, all apple machines are binded to our Active Directory, and we recently implemented Open Directory. We are using the golden triangle setup, and would like the open directory to perform machine preference management.

Our mac server runs 10.8.x, with majority of our machines running 10.7.x and 10.8.x

We managed to bind 5 machines to the open directory for test, however, is there a script we can push out to bind all 200 machines to it? We have a few remote users as well.

Please let me know! Thank you for your time.

Thank you!

P.S Attached is a copy of the script I have. Please excuse my lack of genius. I await for an intelligent individual/community to help me!

Attachments

• Bind_to_OD.sh.zip
    2 KB · Views: 553

johnny_b

macrumors member
Dec 14, 2003
Norway
Doesn't your script do the job? I thought it looked nice. I use a script to and push it through munki. munki runs off a regular webserver, so shouldn't be a problem with remote users as long as the OD server responds outside your LAN.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.