Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tofy79

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 28, 2012
Hi,

I am planning to buy new Bose QuietComfort 3, but i don know whether this model compatible with iPhone 5s or no,?????

also which BOSE QC Model is much better BOSE QuietComfort 3 or BOSE QuietComfort 15 , from quality of sound and product as well as for IOS Devices prospective.

Regards,

dukeblue219

macrumors regular
Dec 18, 2012
Hi,

I am planning to buy new Bose QuietComfort 3, but i don know whether this model compatible with iPhone 5s or no,?????

It's a standard headset -- it will work with any phone, tablet, or computer that has a 3.5mm jack

Tofy79

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 28, 2012
your right 100%, but I am looking to use it also for phone call (call and receive), and Bose QC 15, and 3 have extra cable for that purpose,

but my concern whether "Bose QuietComfort 3" computability with iPhone 5s in the same.

nREMfan

macrumors member
Feb 10, 2010
your right 100%, but I am looking to use it also for phone call (call and receive), and Bose QC 15, and 3 have extra cable for that purpose,

but my concern whether "Bose QuietComfort 3" computability with iPhone 5s in the same.

Bose recently updated the QC3 to have the same 3-button remote as the QC15. I have the 3's, and the remote does everything you're asking.

From the Bose site: Includes two audio cables, one with mic/remote for iPhone®/iPod® control and hands-free iPhone calling

phrehdd

macrumors 601
Oct 25, 2008
It's a standard headset -- it will work with any phone, tablet, or computer that has a 3.5mm jack

I don't mean to be overly contrary but what you say is not accurate. Some headphones require more power and thus "audiophiles" will get portable amp/dac units to make their iPhone work with some head sets that suffer from the low power of the iPhone.

As for the Bose in question, if it is offered through Apple as an accessory for tablet/iphone/ipad, it will work.

iAppl3Fan

macrumors 6502a
Sep 8, 2011

I have both Bose. They both work great with the iPhone. You'll probably enjoy the QC 3 more because it smaller looking than the 15. Obviously, the QC 15 will block noise canceling better because it around the ear.

----------

So its compatible with iPhone5S?

Yes its compatible it just a standard jack.

Tofy79

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 28, 2012
Agreed, QC 3 look nice more than QC15,
But I've heard QC 15 Sound Quality much better than QC3,
Also users Have QC3 got product issues after some time of use more that who have QC15!

Is that right?

mfram

Contributor
Jan 23, 2010
San Diego, CA USA
I don't have the exact products mentioned, but I have ones close to them.

I own an OE2i headset which is the non-noise canceling version of the QC3. And I own a set of the Quiet Comfort 2 headphones which is the older version of the Quiet Comfort 15 headphones. I have listened to QC3 headphones briefly in a Bose Store once.

The big difference between QC15 and QC3 is going to be the on-ear fit vs. around-the-ear. I guess this just comes down to preference and comfort. Sound wise, I think the QC15s are going to give you slightly better overall sound. Plus there's going to be more isolation with ATE headphones. But they are quite a bit larger than QC3s. The O.P. has to decide how what the relative priority of size vs. comfort vs. sound quality is for him/her.

Having said that, I am pleasantly surprised by the sound of my OE2i headphones. It has more natural sounding base than I would expect from headphones their size. And they have been holding up well with use.

Both the QC3 and QC15 include headset cables compatible with iPhones. The Bose website specifically states this. The difference between the OE2i and the OE2 model is the fact the OE2i includes the phone headset cable. The QC3 already includes the cable.

nREMfan

macrumors member
Feb 10, 2010
But I've heard QC 15 Sound Quality much better than QC3, Also users Have QC3 got product issues after some time of use more that who have QC15!

Is that right?
IMO the QC3 sounds better than the 15. Noise canceling is not quite as good tho. As for the problems mentioned, I've never heard that. Replaced a pair that was used for 5 years this past September. Never an issue.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.