Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MyMac1976

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2013
Again:

Are you seriously telling me it's easier to stretch out my arm and swipe across a 27" screen than using a mouse ?

I don't give a rip about convergence if it results in total non-sense or worse user experience. And I bet I'm not alone.

-t

Why is it either or why can it not be both? Most of the PC notebooks out there seem to run fine with both a trackpad and touch screen.

Carl Sagan

macrumors 6502a
May 31, 2011
The Universe
Again:

Are you seriously telling me it's easier to stretch out my arm and swipe across a 27" screen than using a mouse ?

I don't give a rip about convergence if it results in total non-sense or worse user experience. And I bet I'm not alone.

-t

You're not. This is an idea only idiots like.

turtle777

macrumors 6502a
Apr 30, 2004
Why is it either or why can it not be both? Most of the PC notebooks out there seem to run fine with both a trackpad and touch screen.

I suppose, but what's the point ?
It surely adds a lot of cost to the Mac.

That's going to be the number 1 complaint: 99% of the people will not use this feature, but are forced to pay for it.

-t

MyMac1976

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2013
I suppose, but what's the point ?
It surely adds a lot of cost to the Mac.

That's going to be the number 1 complaint: 99% of the people will not use this feature, but are forced to pay for it.

-t

The price of iPad maxi's has wiggle room for touch screen. The point is if you ever look at younger kids interacting with a computer is natural for them to touch the screen. My 8 year old daughter in spite of leaning how to use a computer on a traditional computer will try to touch the screen on hers it's just natural.

turtle777

macrumors 6502a
Apr 30, 2004
The price of iPad maxi's has wiggle room for touch screen. The point is if you ever look at younger kids interacting with a computer is natural for them to touch the screen. My 8 year old daughter in spite of leaning how to use a computer on a traditional computer will try to touch the screen on hers it's just natural.

Not a good argument.

Young kids also try to lick everything, and put stuff in their mouths.
That's natural, but also not something that will stay.

Also, what's the need of younger kids to interact with a laptop or iMac ?
That's exactly what iPads are for.

Still not convinced.

-t

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.