Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

entatlrg

macrumors 68040
Mar 2, 2009
Waterloo & Georgian Bay, Canada
The new TBD should of been released a long long time ago ... so foolish to pay for $999 for a new display that's dated as the current one is.

Hopefully something soon, doesn't seem to be many rumours indicating that though.

patent10021

macrumors 68040
Apr 23, 2004
Third arm on the desk.
does that mean what i think it does? if so, its the first time I've heard that expression lol

I didn't know about this thread. I posted yesterday asking why new TBDs weren't around even though new iMacs had new displays. I'm about to purchase a second TBD and am VERY hesitant knowing that new ones might be around the corner.

patent10021

macrumors 68040
Apr 23, 2004
It was just in a corner of my mind. :)

btw: I like your signature. ;)
lol thanks. Pretty soon I'll have to update it to "4K in the morning".

So does anyone here think a new TBD is in the works? I have this feeling if I go out and buy a second TBD this week there will be a new one within a few months. TBD is the only thing to to be talked about in a while. Calm before the storm situation. Seems Apple would like to have a new TBD for the new MPs no?

Danielo

macrumors newbie
May 27, 2005
The Old Continent
So does anyone here think a new TBD is in the works? I have this feeling if I go out and buy a second TBD this week there will be a new one within a few months. TBD is the only thing to to be talked about in a while. Calm before the storm situation. Seems Apple would like to have a new TBD for the new MPs no?

It is likely, that a new TBD is in the works.

I've recently read an article about 4K and the upgraded Mac Pro. It is necessary, that Apple endorses other manufacturers or build a 4K display itself. But it could launch not before spring 2014.

http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2013/10/4k-thunderbolt-display/

MattDSLR

macrumors 6502
Jan 23, 2011
Canada
Well Canon announced a new 30" monitor today with 4 k resolution priced just right for those new Mac Pro mini users at just 40k :) it will be a good fit for that new baby computer with HDMI supporting up to 4k resolution :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.