Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

OverpricedJunk

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 15, 2013
It seems like no matter what mac I use, whether it be at my house or the apple store, Safari seems to be pretty slow at loading webpages. At the applestore, when I go to a webpage for the first time, the loading bar seems to stall for a second or two and then finally loads. The stall is less present if the page has been loaded before within the same browsing session.

Any reason or fix behind this? I really want to use Safari for the improved battery performance but don't want to make any performance sacrifices.

Corrosive vinyl

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2006
um.... cool name bro?

it is getting faster. What would really make it better is an update to WebKit (that Chrome, etc. use also). In time there should be a 7.0.1 update to Safari and people here seem to think the updates make safari snappier :)

I have been using safari as my only browser for years and think that 1-2 second slow down isn't worth switching to anything else. There are so many updates in 7 (auto-flash blocking a major one) that make it competitive with all the major players now instead of being a mid-pack champ.

Jedi Master

macrumors regular
Slow,

It seems like no matter what mac I use, whether it be at my house or the apple store, Safari seems to be pretty slow at loading webpages. At the applestore, when I go to a webpage for the first time, the loading bar seems to stall for a second or two and then finally loads. The stall is less present if the page has been loaded before within the same browsing session.

Any reason or fix behind this? I really want to use Safari for the improved battery performance but don't want to make any performance sacrifices.

Slow really come on.:cool:

G4DP

macrumors 65816
Mar 28, 2007
Safari in Mavericks is slow.

Up until the latest version I would have agreed that in general every release has seen an improvement. However it is now substantially slower than Chrome or FireFox.

It's doesn't make it unusable but to claim it is now a front runner is a little over the top.

53kyle

macrumors 65816
Mar 27, 2012
Sebastopol, CA
Safari in Mavericks is slow.

Up until the latest version I would have agreed that in general every release has seen an improvement. However it is now substantially slower than Chrome or FireFox.

It's doesn't make it unusable but to claim it is now a front runner is a little over the top.

Many people that I see on these forums say that safari on mavericks is faster than the other browsers and the previous versions of safari. Some people say it is slower and I think it has to do with things like how many tabs are open and how big the website you are loading is.

tooobe

macrumors regular
Nov 3, 2008
Are you kidding? Safari is faster than any other browser I've tried, it's too bad that its other shortcomings make it impossible for me to use instead of chrome.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.