Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

twitch31

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 12, 2013
Welcome to this weeks photo contest thread!

This week the theme is "Chill Out". Interpret it how you will.

Rules:
You may only submit one photo per contest.

Please do not comment or use voting button on photos until after the judging has taken place.

The contest runs for exactly one week, starting NOW! (see time/date stamp at the start of this thread)

At the end of the week, The Judge (last week's Winner) will choose a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place photo, providing as much feedback as possible. (Judge has 24 hours to make decision).

The 1st place Winner will start a new thread with the topic/theme of their choice, and act as the Judge for that contest. (Winner has 48 hours to create new theme)

Cheese&Apple

macrumors 68010
Jun 5, 2012
Toronto
PHD_6026%20-%20Version%204-L.jpg

MacRy

macrumors 601
Apr 2, 2004
England
I guess the site backup after our hack was before I'd posted my submission so here it is again.

My wife chilling out on her iPhone.

10543279746_d87ae7112c_b.jpg

needfx

Suspended
Aug 10, 2010
macrumors apparently
would like to suggest to include the link of the previous contest in every subject/rule post set by the most recent winner.

this will definitely help navigating back in time throughout the contest history (here-on-after of course)

cheers

Chappers

macrumors 68020
Aug 12, 2003
At home
Weekyly contest

I guess according to the rules the contest ended and the judge should have made a decision.

Ish

macrumors 68020
Nov 30, 2004
UK
Just sent twitch a pm. S/He was last on here yesterday morning.

needfx

Suspended
Aug 10, 2010
macrumors apparently
I guess it falls to the second place person from last weeks contest. As I recall it was NeGRit0. But I think you have 48 hours to post results so no panic just yet.

My personal competition roadmap is : MacRumors, Cuentamontes, Domon Ken, Fogtdal, Miki Jun, Ansel Adams, R.Kappa Gold Medal, Pulitzer

I don't have time to panic :D

Ish

macrumors 68020
Nov 30, 2004
UK

… At the end of the week, The Judge (last week's Winner) will choose a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place photo, providing as much feedback as possible. (Judge has 24 hours to make decision).

The 1st place Winner will start a new thread with the topic/theme of their choice, and act as the Judge for that contest. (Winner has 48 hours to create new theme)

Let's hope twitch comes back but maybe we can ask NeGRit0 if twitch doesn't come back tomorrow??

What do you think?

needfx

Suspended
Aug 10, 2010
macrumors apparently

This week the theme is "Chill Out". Interpret it how you will.

Rules:
You may only submit one photo per contest.

Please do not comment or use voting button on photos until after the judging has taken place.

The contest runs for exactly one week, starting NOW! (see time/date stamp at the start of this thread)

At the end of the week, The Judge (last week's Winner) will choose a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place photo, providing as much feedback as possible. (Judge has 24 hours to make decision).

I guess it falls to the second place person from last weeks contest. As I recall it was NeGRit0. But I think you have 48 hours to post results so no panic just yet.

Let's hope twitch comes back but maybe we can ask NeGRit0 if twitch doesn't come back tomorrow??

What do you think?

sounds reasonable

needfx

Suspended
Aug 10, 2010
macrumors apparently
just curious, do the rules allow changes to the orientation of the submissions? eg from landscape to portrait of the same already submitted photo, or is it considered a new photo altogether so it is rejected/disqualified/whatever

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
just curious, do the rules allow changes to the orientation of the submissions? eg from landscape to portrait of the same already submitted photo, or is it considered a new photo altogether so it is rejected/disqualified/whatever

Personally I would say you have to decide on orientation before submission. Any changes to a photo would make it a different picture.

needfx

Suspended
Aug 10, 2010
macrumors apparently
Personally I would say you have to decide on orientation before submission. Any changes to a photo would make it a different picture.

I certainly agree but I would really love a poll to see how people respond to this question :D

to clarify : this would show how many people like to abide to strict rules, and how many prefer to bend them, since semantically, it is the same picture.

twitch31

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 12, 2013
Sorry for the delay, yes the contest is closed, I will judge within the next 4 hours.

twitch31

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 12, 2013
Thanks to all who submitted. I will just announce the top 3 in the interests of letting the next contest start sooner rather than later.

3rd themumu. Nice fisheye picture and it fits the theme well. Composition is a little messy but I guess with a fisheye it’s very hard to have a clean image with no unnecessary elements.

2nd jkramerbob. Excellent picture, love the colour and the crop, love the light shining through the bottle neck. Only point of concern were the sensor spots. It was very close to winning this week.

1st Cheese & Apple. Beautiful picture. Fits theme in more ways than one. Very nice composition, the curve of the person matches the shoreline and doesn’t merge. I like the shallow DOF, it makes my eye wander through the photo. Congratulations!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.