Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

2K Sports has released MyNBA2K14 for iOS devices, which acts a a companion app to the popular basketball title for the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3. The app allows users to view data from NBA 2K14's MyPlayer and MyCareer modes, as well as records and statistics from the console title's online multiplayer component. Console in-game currency can also be earned while using the app, with MyNBA2K14 also including a card game called MyTeam Mobile, with users collecting cards of NBA players and battling against one another.

MyNBA2K14 is the companion app to the world's biggest and best NBA video game franchise - NBA 2K14. With MyNBA2K14, stay in touch with your Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 version of NBA 2K14 wherever you go with the MyGAME feature that allows players to view key data from the console - including MyCAREER stats, online multiplayer records, and leaderboards while earning extra VC (console in-game currency) with an NBA Pick-Em mini-game and daily VC rewards. As an added bonus, players can also enjoy an NBA 2K themed card battle game, MyTeam Mobile, where players can collect the cards of over 400 current and former NBA players and battle against other NBA fans.
mynba2k14-800x470.jpg
2K Sports also released a standalone version of NBA 2K14 for iOS devices last month, containing updates for the 2013-2014 NBA season. MyNBA2K14 is a free app for iOS devices and can be downloaded through the App Store. [Direct Link]

Article Link: 2K Sports Releases 'MyNBA2K14' Companion App for 'NBA 2K14'

A Hebrew

macrumors 6502a
Jan 7, 2012
Minnesota
I have yet to use a 'companion app' that is actually useful, I expect this to be no different. (But I guess to be fair I have only used 3 companion apps...)

Mactendo

macrumors 68000
Oct 3, 2012
What a boring name. It should be called:
MyNBA2K14FORiOSREALDEALBROWHAZZUPEDITION.

falkedup

macrumors regular
Oct 15, 2011
I have yet to use a 'companion app' that is actually useful, I expect this to be no different. (But I guess to be fair I have only used 3 companion apps...)

The one for battlefield 4 lets you change your load outs and search and que up your next mp match. And the second you press it loads it on the actual game

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.