Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tikatika

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 12, 2012
Northern California
I just received two replacement Slimline cases for my iPad Air. The original two did not have the magnets for the wake/sleep function. Poetic IMMEDIATELY made arrangements to ship the corrected cases.

They work perfectly. Alignment is spot on, the case fits perfectly, the cover lays flat when closed and the wake/sleep function works!!! I didn't think I would like the tri-fold as opposed to the older model 4 fold, but I actually like it better. Stands perfectly, and when laid down in landscape, it's at a higher angle which is awesome.

All in all ... two big thumbs up along with a thank you for great customer service!

stephen1108

macrumors 65816
Sep 30, 2007
Can you share any pics? Or a video review? So many people have received this case yet there isn't a single video review online! :)

Mjsavage

macrumors member
Aug 17, 2013
Atlanta GA
Yes got my replacement like the design and feel better than the original. Actually taking back my Smart Cover and just using this case.

rpearlberg

macrumors 6502a
May 22, 2010
Just ordered mine from Amazon. It says "In Stock", but even with Prime it won't arrive until the 20th...

FrankB1191

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2013
Pennsylvania
Just ordered mine from Amazon. It says "In Stock", but even with Prime it won't arrive until the 20th...
My second Slimline case wasn't supposed to arrive until next Tuesday, but it was here yesterday. I think the first case I ordered came earlier than stated as well. He was here within 3 days in any case.

koigirl

macrumors 6502a
Jul 29, 2011
Raleigh, NC
I like the slimness and lightness of this case but am having trouble finding a way to position it for 45-degree angle use on my lap (my default use).:confused:

FrankB1191

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2013
Pennsylvania
It will do roughly 75 degrees and 25 degrees, but not 45. Fold the cover into a triangle, and that provides the support for the steep and shallow angles. Unlike the old Apple Smart Cover, the Poetic doesn't overlap itself, but does have a magnet that will hold the triangle together.

SMELTN

macrumors regular
Apr 6, 2010
I purchased my slimline for my Air when it was $.01 on Amazon. Love the case. I have had the slimline on my 1st Gen Mini since it came out and it was great as well.

Even docks with my TwelveSouth HiRise dock with the case on as seen here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iB6jzHF_YBY

Here are some pics (my daughter put the apple logo on the back)

Attachments

• photo (8).JPG
    photo (8).JPG
    851.9 KB · Views: 160
  • photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    99.9 KB · Views: 199
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    122 KB · Views: 203
  • photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    107.5 KB · Views: 197
  • photo 4.JPG
    photo 4.JPG
    104.2 KB · Views: 207

Nhwhazup

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2010
New Hampshire
I've had a chance to use this case for a week and the more I use it, the more I like it. I like the lightness and the overall feel of the pleather. I also actually like the three fold option as it gives a better height in my lap for typing. For me, I either just fold the back under and prop it on my lap or I tri-fold it with the pleather on the outside. It stays together better and doesn't tend to come apart as easy as when it's folded inside out. Also won't pick up dust from the surface it's sitting on.

chilady1

macrumors regular
Dec 29, 2011
Northeast
I purchased my slimline for my Air when it was $.01 on Amazon. Love the case. I have had the slimline on my 1st Gen Mini since it came out and it was great as well.

Even docks with my TwelveSouth HiRise dock with the case on as seen here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iB6jzHF_YBY

Here are some pics (my daughter put the apple logo on the back)

Just out of curiosity, where did people find this case for $0.01? I have yet to see them offered for that price?

hak187

macrumors member
Feb 24, 2009
Just out of curiosity, where did people find this case for $0.01? I have yet to see them offered for that price?

I also got mine for 1 cent on Amazon. I ordered it on Nov. 2 and it was 1 cent with $4.95 shipping. An hour or so after I ordered it went up to $4.95 plus $4.95 for shipping.

jrs22

macrumors 6502
Aug 1, 2012
I didn't buy this cover until after reading all the postings here about the properly functioning magnets. I paid $4.95 for the cover plus $4.95 for shipping and the way I figure it, it didn't cost me much more than the NYC sales tax on the Apple case.

Prawnstar69

macrumors regular
Sep 27, 2012
Can u please post a pic with the focus on the headphone hole? I know it's weird but if my shures don't fit in there it's a deal breaker for me.

chilady1

macrumors regular
Dec 29, 2011
Northeast
Just wanted to send a huge THANKS to those on this thread for recommending this case. Just got mine today from Amazon in RED and I absolutely LOVE THIS CASE!

It fits the Air like a glove and all buttons, headphone jacks, etc are visible and accessible. No issues. It didn't add that much bulk and the most important thing it covers the whole iPad. For me, the expense of the iPad is to much to risk without some form of protection.

I kept a clear back on my iPad 2 and there wasn't one single scratch on the thing when I sold it. Keeping the back protected is always a priority for me. This case is very stylish and I probably will have to go back and get another color. The Smart Cover that I purchased from Apple but never opened will get returned tomorrow.

Again, thanks so much for all the commentary - very happy with my purchase.

Nhwhazup

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2010
New Hampshire
Just wanted to send a huge THANKS to those on this thread for recommending this case. Just got mine today from Amazon in RED and I absolutely LOVE THIS CASE!

It fits the Air like a glove and all buttons, headphone jacks, etc are visible and accessible. No issues. It didn't add that much bulk and the most important thing it covers the whole iPad. For me, the expense of the iPad is to much to risk without some form of protection.

I kept a clear back on my iPad 2 and there wasn't one single scratch on the thing when I sold it. Keeping the back protected is always a priority for me. This case is very stylish and I probably will have to go back and get another color. The Smart Cover that I purchased from Apple but never opened will get returned tomorrow.

Again, thanks so much for all the commentary - very happy with my purchase.

I totally agree with you. I love these cases. I originally bought a Modal case at Best Buy when I originally bought the Air. That case was not good - magnets didn't work and the back was thick and heavy. I bought the Poetic in white, red and sky blue for $5 bucks more than the Modal case that I returned. All three Poetic cases arrived quickly, magnets work fine and the quality workmanship has been top notch. I'm also super happy I found the threads on this forum. Gotta love Macrumors!

Mjoshea148

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2012
Got mine last night. From observations so far, well worth the $9.95 paid. Very slim, good fit. Test now is endurance - I'm pretty gentle with iPad so, optimistic.

Beats Apple Smart Case for ROI.

phonehead6720

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2008
Question for everyone with the poetic retina mini case, I just received mine and the magents don't seem to hold when folded. I think it's the stiffness of the cover and may go away with some time, but the cover wants to fold back flat and the magents arent's strong enough to keep from folding. If I hold the fold and then stand the ipod up it works, but it's not like the apple case in that it's a firm hold. Anyone else have this issue? Want to know whether i should return, thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.